DSD Fast Five

Discussion in 'DSD 2019 Party Pad' started by jenn mccabe, Oct 5, 2019.

1. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

1. What's the weather like where you are?
    TOO DANG HOT for October!

Weather.JPG
    2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to?
    I've pretty much cleared everything off my plate, but there are still some little things here and there with business that I have to take care of - nothing too big though!

3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend?
    SCRAP!

4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend?
    About equal, I think!

5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"?
    Hubby picked up these amazing rotisserie chickens from a local restaurant, and we're pairing it with some garlic roasted broccoli.

2. elwaechter

elwaechter Well-Known Member

1. What's the weather like where you are? This morning it was raining buckets, but now the sun is shining. Go figure!
    2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to? Laundry, then pack for next week's trip. Leaving Monday and excited about going, but getting ready is a real pain!
    3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? Scrap! (Is there really any other answer?)
    4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? Mostly a shopper. I always want to scrap but never seem to have enough time (see #2).
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"? I'm thinking "warm up leftovers." If that's not okay with anyone then THEY are in charge of cooking!

3. scrumptious

scrumptious Well-Known Member

1. What's the weather like where you are? I'm not sure since I haven't been outside yet - it looks clear out my window - but I was woken up by a 3.5 earthquake just a few km away, so that's been my "weather" today.
    2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to? Shots (injections). Luckily they're usually not too painful.
    3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? Celebrate my stepkiddos turning 15!
    4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? Depends on what inspires me more, the new releases and great sales to clear out my wishlist, or the DSD challenges.
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"? Tonight I planned a meal into my meal plan, so hopefully I'll cook and it won't take too long. Tomorrow for the birthday dinner I only need to bring appetizers and I have that covered already. :D

4. jcb5600

jcb5600 Well-Known Member

1. What's the weather like where you are? Cool and cloudy - the first cool day since last spring! Finally!
    2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to? laundry
    3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? scrap
    4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? both? more shopping though I think
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"? Quick and easy, one pan in the oven kind of dinner.

5. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

1.What's the weather like where you are? Its a gorgeous Spring day here, the weather is warm and dry and the evenings are cool ... perfect!
    2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to? Housework, I would rather do ANYTHING else!
    3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? Scrap some pages for a change! I actually feel inspired and I don't know how long it will last so I want to strike while the iron is hot!
    4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? A scrapper!
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"? Eh I have to cook, hubby and I are doing weight watchers so if I don't we will end up eating take out and we weigh in on Mondays so there isn't a lot of wriggle room haha

6. lm44west

lm44west Well-Known Member

1. What's the weather like where you are? Around 50, on Wednesday it was 90. Very strange
    2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to? This is rude, but visit a family member because it's their birthday - they live far and we will be gone most of the day tomorrow. (I did admit I'm being rude)
    3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? Scrap, shop and play DSD games
    4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? Definitely both.
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend" We are trying to eat plant based, so I had to cook.

7. AnotherAmanda

AnotherAmanda Well-Known Member

1. What's the weather like where you are? Warm! 88 today after a week in the 60s. I'm ready for fall.
    2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to? Clean the house.
    3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? Scrapbook.
    4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? BOTH!
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"? Probably take out. I hate cooking.

8. sthomas51004

sthomas51004 Active Member

1. What's the weather like where you are? Today was a chilly fall day. I've been cold so I am in my jammies under the electric blanket.
    2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to? Get my PICC line looked at...thankful for traveling nurses!
    3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? scrapbook
    4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? a good mix of both
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"? I'm the only one home so it is fend for myself.

9. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

1. What's the weather like where you are? 68F high but thunder stormed all morning
    2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to? Wash the dog's paws every time she goes out. We've had so much rain the yard is saturated and even on the grass she's getting muddy
    3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? THIS!! Being at TLP with everyone and playing the games/scrapping some new stuffs
    4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? Definitely both
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"? I made dinner for myself - stir-fry. My DD is at her boyfriend's school homecoming dance. My DH is in the air flying back from a quick trip to see his parents (Thurs-Sat) so really quick. I'm going to enjoy the peace and free time online!

10. djp332

djp332 Dude. They're on your head ...

1. What's the weather like where you are? South Florida - 95 every day, hot and sunny and humid!
    2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to? Clean the house. I have cousins coming to visit on Monday.
    3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? Not a thing!
    4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? I actually did a little of both today.
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"? I'll cook, but it's just the 2 of us. We went to a Water Lantern Festival today, so we had Food Truck food for dinner.

11. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

1. What's the weather like where you are? was gloomy yesterday and this morning but now it's sunday arvo and the sun's out
    2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to? normal household stuff :disagree
    3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? oooh! there's a free template in the Project Mouse FB group so i have making a Disney page with some Project Mouse goodies on my 'want to do' list!
    4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? i'm trying to be a scrapper but deals! :)
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"? i made pizzas last night (but not from scratch dough so easier) and chopped veggies to chuck in oven to roast b/c 'sunday roast' is a thing here, no matter what sunday it is & rocking the boat just gets me in hot water so :shrug - at least the oven does most of the work!

12. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

1. I am in N. California and the weather was perfect... was supposed to get to 85, I never went outside to check...Gorgeous sunshine....

2. The one thing I have to do, is leave the house... Need to get some Halloween candy at Costco and should go to church... that means I have to get dressed and put on make up...bummer! That said, not much going on on site, slow speed scrap not till evening.

3. What I WANT to be doing is exactly what I am doing... Scrapping and shopping....

4. I am both a shopper and a scrapper... Have spent way too much money and only gotten 2 pages done....

5. Since I live alone , I am having leftovers.. easy peasy!!!!

13. RJMJ

RJMJ Picked like a bright red apple right off the tree!

1. Weather Report:Really Cold & Windy:Minus 5:Brrr!...
    2. Gotta Do But Don't Want To:Color My Hair:All My Grey Hair Roots Are Showing(Probably Won't Do It Til After DSD Now...)...
    3. Really Want To Complete All Of My DSD Pages & Challenges...
    4. I Am A Scrapper & Game Player During DSD Mostly:I Do Shop Too:But I Do It All In One Fail Swoop:So I Don't Have To Go Back Multiple Times...But That Being Said:I'm On A Budget:So It Takes Me A Couple Of Days To Decide On My Final Choice Purchases...
    5. I Don't Really Cook:I Know Spoiled:My Hubby Is The Cook Here:He Makes The Majority Of Meals...

14. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I prefer bridges made of concrete

1. What's the weather like where you are? It’s night time so actually have no idea what the weather is doing though the one thing I do know it’s not raining
    2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to? Sending a couple of emails, only cause I need to fill out some paperwork and scan it
    3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? Ummmm scrap!
    4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? Games, chats depending on times of course and hopefully shopping
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend foryourselves, it's DSD weekend"? Bit of a mix of takeout, snacks, food brought home or cooked by others

15. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

here is me....

as usual in London- 4 seasons in a day, but colder than I would like it :(
    take vitamin D tablets, you need to chew or let dissolve, makes me terribly sick
    scrap more & catch up with so many of you!!!
    I used to be a full on shopper, I hardly ever went to events, scrapped some, but shopped like there was no tomorrow LOL these days with fragile health stops me from scrapping as much as I would like but having a great time catching up with you all!!!!
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"?
    Ironically, I am lucky (in a very ironic way) that I can't really spend much time in the kitchen with my health in general, but this weekend I left my carer and Sarita (both wonderful cooks) in charge of making sure I have food at all times till tomorrow evening!!!!

16. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

Bright and sunny autumn day
    food shopping
    get my hair done
    shopper
    DS cooked yesterday (Saturday) but I have to cook today

17. KarenB

KarenB I'm an outie, not an innie!

Sunny with a cool breeze. Lovely Autumn day :)
    Go and collect my car that we left at the pub last night. We walked home as we'd both had a drink :giggle
    Walk Poppy dog on the beach.
    Both! and trying to find time to hang out at The Pad!
    Dinner in the pub last night. DH is cooking tonight :)

18. Sharon-Dewi

Sharon-Dewi Well-Known Member

Here in the Netherlands it's 14-16 degrees Celsius and rain 24/7...

Help my dad out by making a presentation for his work.

Participate in all the DSD challenges at the Lilypad!!!

Definitely both! I always start with the intention to only scrap, but can't seem to stop purchasing lovely new goodies as well...

Cooking dinner, but I don't put in as much love as I would do any other weekend!

19. lmjrocko

lmjrocko See that in my rear view mirror? That's Michigan!

1. What's the weather like where you are? 63
    Sleep
    3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? Shop but out of money
    4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? Both
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"? Frozen food made last week.

20. carrie1977

carrie1977 jello is a hard no

1. What's the weather like where you are? It's supposed to be 89 today. Last week we had some great weather and then it got hot again. Boooooooo!
    2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to? Costco...other shoppers annoy me. :giggle
    3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? Have more time to scrap
    4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? I try to do both but this year mostly a shopper
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"? Yesterday we had a baby shower so we weren't home for dinner. Tonight the hubby is cooking so I'm hoping to get some time to scrap!