DSD Fast Five

Discussion in 'DSD 2019 Party Pad' started by jenn mccabe, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Coreen

Coreen Active Member

1. What's the weather like where you are? 5 and cloudy right now, but it's been POURING (so much so that our college football game has been postponed by 2 hours)
    2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to? laundry (i don't HATE doing it)
    3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? movie marathon (weather calls for it imo)
    4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? i'll let you know. this is my first dsd.
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"? cooking, but hubby helps a lot, so not too time consuming for me

2. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom Practically Perfect in Every Way

1. What's the weather like where you are? It's been unseasonably hot. Last Friday we broke the record for the hottest day in October on record - 97 degrees! Thankfully, today is much cooler!
    2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to? Clean my room and craft room.
    3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? Scrap and play DSD games.
    4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? Both!
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"? I have to cook for myself every meal. Our neighborhood is having the annual Oktoberfest party, so we'll be going to that. It'll feed the boys while I'll have to cook something for myself when I get back home. Other than that, it's a fend for yourselves kind of time.

3. bcgal00

bcgal00 Feeling lazy with my coffee and book

1. What's the weather like where you are?
    It stopped raining and should be good for the rest of the wkend. It's in the 50's so a bit chilly.

2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to?
    Don't really want to cook or do housework. I just want to play! But...I know I should put in a bit of effort for cooking b/c during the week I tend to really slack off so on the wkend I like to make at least one meal that isn't thrown together in 10 min. Housework is going to be minimal, that can wait til Monday.

3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend?
    We'll be out visiting my GD tomorrow and want to take some photos along the ocean front. She will be moving out of there soon so I want to get photos before we have to pack her up. It's an area that we probably won't go back to for a long time, it's about an hour or longer to drive out and there won't be a reason to go back that way once she moves.

4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend?
    I'm on a very limited budget this month b/c my hours got reduced so less shopping, more scrapping.

5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"?
    I am on the fence about this b/c I want to cook a decent meal for dinner but I don't really feel like it. Not sure if pizza will get ordered or I'll cook. We'll see.

4. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

1. What's the weather like where you are? It's 86, with a heat index of 95 ... which is actually not bad, considering how Florida usually is. Slightly overcast and just a bit breezy helps.
    2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to? Too many to list.
    3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? Get all these art projects out of my head.
    4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? Both. Both is good.
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"? Honestly I would love if they could fend for themselves. Would *really* love to go out for dinner. But yeah, I'll have to fix dinner. At least I can fix myself scallops and rice :-D

5. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

1. What's the weather like where you are
    right now it's sunny, about 80F.

going to the dentist

besides scrap and DSD, there's a rock concert tomorrow night I'm really anxious to go: Iron maiden.

this year, more of a scrapper...but I'll get something from the store!

5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"?
    ordering take out! it's dsd, people!

6. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

CRISP

DRIVE TO HOCKEY

PAINT

SCRAPPER

I am not feeling good so most likely fend for yourselveskind of deal.

7. bjthomas

bjthomas We will rock you!

Well, today is the first day this week we haven't had snow of some kind... so that's good :) Still overcast and cool.
    We have a get-together tonight that I really don't want to go to, but since my husband is leading the group... guess I should be there :)
    Scrap, craft, binge Netflix shows
    Typically a little of both... although the shopping tends to be more of adding more kits to my wishlist and the scrapping wins out.
    I have an amazing hubby who cooks (and loves it) ... and since Sunday is my birthday, I'm pretty sure he'll be making something yummy :)

8. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

1. What's the weather like where you are? Hot. Hot. Hot. About 95 and sunny. We have a few more days of this and supposedly fall is on its way with some 70 degree days! Bring it!

2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to? Go to six flags tomorrow to renew our passes. Another hot and sunny day. Ugh. Lol

3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? Scrap!

4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? Shopper because it’s usually all I have time for

5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"? We’re ordering taco take out at half time of the busker game! Yum. I’ll hopefully be scrapping during the game

9. rlucasmn

rlucasmn Headed to Craigh na Dun... and beyond

Cool and rainy, very grey outside. PERFECT scrapping weather
    Help one of my daughters shop for shoes for her homecoming dress.
    Scrap for DSD, naturally!
    BOTH!
    I'm definitely making dinner tonight. My youngest is on her third night of hockey tryouts (*5:45 PM CDT start, 90 minutes of ice time, resulting in cuts that could lead to her hearts desire - wish her luck) and will need a nutritious power meal to get through that!

10. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

1. What's the weather like where you are? I woke up to a gorgeous, cool, sunny fall day. We decided to work outside, hauling brush to a burning pile. And then it started to rain. We got totally soaked.
    2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to? See #1. Hauling brush to a burning pile.
    3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? A toss up between going to a movie or driving out to an apple orchard.
    4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? Both. :-)
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"? A bit of everything. Breakfast today was "fend for yourself". Lunch was leftovers out of the fridge. Dinner is going to be a carry-out pizza. Not sure what tomorrow will bring.

11. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

1. What's the weather like where you are? RAINY....still? again? either way...
    2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to? Probably laundry, lol
    3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? Do all things DSD, celebrate my birthday, and be lazy! Oh, sorry, that was 3 things.. :)
    4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? I tend to game and shop!
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"? Likely a mix of ordering pizza and offering leftovers

12. pearkat

pearkat Well-Known Member

1. What's the weather like where you are? Perfect!! 65 - really feels like fall
    2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to? Go to my daughter's soccer game. It's going to be a little chilly!!
    3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? Scrapbook!!!!
    4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? Both - this is the first time I've participated.
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"? It's more fend for yourself, but only because we still have too many leftovers in the fridge from my daughter's birthday part last weekend.

13. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz blessed

1. What's the weather like where you are? 67...the first cooler day and it finally feels like fall! It has been hot here.
    2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to? I had to go grocery shopping. I just got that done! Woohoo!
    3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? Scrap, sleep, relax.
    4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? A little bit of both.
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"? Making meatloaf, rice, and roasted broccoli. We did go out for lunch before we grocery shopped. For me it will be fend for yourself after dinner...they'll have to clean up and help get each other ready for bed so that I can participate in my MIS tonight. :)

14. Susan - s3js

Susan - s3js Well-Known Member

1. What's the weather like where you are? Gorgeous
    2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to? Clean the bathroom
    3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend?Stay glued to my computer for DSD fun - if the internet will just stay up!
    4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? Both!
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"? My son is cooking for us and will serve me at my desk.

15. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

oh my goodness, now that's the treatment! i love it!

16. morgyns

morgyns Well-Known Member

1. What's the weather like where you are? Bit of everything Hot and sunny - AM, overcast and cold - PM
    2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to? The laundry
    3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? Scrap and look at caravans
    4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? YES!!
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"? I’ll cook dinner, only so I have more $$ to spend in the store!!

17. LadyPatsFan

LadyPatsFan New Member

Sunny, Warm, Breezy - a good day to be outside actually​
    work - I have a project going live Tuesday that needs some more done on it, but I just can't focus on it so far today.​
    Either scrap, which I haven't done in months, or go out and play with my lathe, which I haven't done in weeks.​
    scrapper. I especially like the challenges​
    Actually, my 14yo daughter decided to make dinner tonight. I think she said we are having sloppy joes. yummm​

18. Becca Bonneville

Becca Bonneville This John Deere is insured, right?

It's 80 here today

Work

Shop & Hang out. Totally a sad panda I missed Cheryl's chats. I hope to catch the one Monday.

Love the deals and shopping.

DH is cooking tonight. Woot!

19. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

1. What's the weather like where you are? - warm and sunny, perfect for hikes
    2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to? - look up oncologists
    3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? - Go up a mountain and scream from the top of it
    4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? - I love both, can't choose
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"? - it's a DND weekend as well from my dd's perspective, so I have a few premade things waiting in the fridge to be heated up for hungry teens, and then fresh meat and veg, waiting to be cooked by me.

20. janedee

janedee I like to play with really old stuff

1. What's the weather like where you are? A beautiful sunny day here today and about 15 (60f)
    2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to? Cook a turkey dinner tomorrow
    3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? Have family photos done today
    4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? A little bit of both
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"? Leftovers tonight since I'm making a big dinner tomorrow.