DSD Fast Five

Discussion in 'DSD 2019 Party Pad' started by jenn mccabe, Oct 5, 2019.

1. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Just for fun ... I'm wondering a few things this DSD weekend

1. What's the weather like where you are?
    2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to?
    3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend?
    4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend?
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"?

MrsPeel likes this.
  2. jenn mccabe

1. What's the weather like where you are? it's very cool (high of 60 degrees) and fall like here. i'm enjoying layering up and even put the heat on a little last night.
    2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to? clean my house, it's bad!
    3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? find some time to scrap, my scrap mojo has been low lately!
    4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? i tend to do more scrapping than shopping - but I usually love to get some fun CU styles with the 50% off sale!
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"? i'll cook something light later on - have no idea what yet though!

3. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

1. What's the weather like where you are? Woke up cold! But it should hit mid-60's by the afternoon.
    2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to? Grocery shop.
    3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? Finish the I'm a TLP Rockstar Bingo with the full card!
    4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? Both.
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"? I bought pre-cooked food for dinner tonight and made a big charcuterie board last night that we will pick from all day. When I grocery shop, I'll grab a rotisserie chicken and hot sides for tomorrow's dinner!

4. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

wet, but nor raining.
    my caring duties
    play a game as a family
    mostly a scrapper, but I am doing some shopping. I'll discuss with the Toucanettes before checking out my cart.
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"?
    A mixture of me or my husband cooking - that's the norm for weekends here.

5. Eyeore

Eyeore Think it over, think it under

1. What's the weather like where you are? Clear skies and sunny - perfect Spring day
    2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - grocery shopping for supper
    3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? Digi Scrapping, cat napping and digi shopping
    4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? Best of both
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"? Easy cooking & heat and eat leftovers.

6. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

1. What's the weather like where you are? High 50's, overcast, looks like it will rain...again.
    2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to? I have a piece of business that I have to deal with that I've been procrastinating on.
    3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? Besides all the DSD fun, my kids are coming over to celebrate my son-in-law's birthday.
    4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? BOTH!
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"? We're going out for lunch, then I'll just graze later on. DH is out in AZ taking care of his mom so it's just me.

7. ScrappyHappy82

ScrappyHappy82 I didn't know pet stores sold husbands!

1. What's the weather like where you are? - Cold, for us... 53 degrees and I'm snuggled up in a blanket at my computer!
    2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to? - Grocery shop! I let it all run down prepping for DSD! :(
    3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? Well, we were supposed to go to NYC with my hubs' work but it got cancelled last minute. SO, I guess I WANTED to do that but oh well, another time. At least I'm around for the fun part of DSD now!
    4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? Shopper! I did all my scrapping (CT's) the week before!
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"? Some kind of combination since you know, we have to eat more than once this weekend! Lol...

8. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

1. What's the weather like where you are?\
    Overcast and cool.
    No obligations I'm unhappy about. YEAH!
    Create digital art.
    Mostly a scrapper...LOVE the challenges/slow-speed scraps.
    I'll take time to heat up leftovers. :)

9. umyesh

umyesh Swooning for warm bread & butter

1. What's the weather like where you are? Mostly sunny with a high of 61F.
    2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to? Feed the fam
    3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? Watch General Conference!
    4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? Scrapper
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"? I promised my daughter Gandolfos sandwiches tonight so I'll be going to get those. Other than that, fend for yourselves!

10. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

The heat finally broke and it's now low 50s (it was in the 90s Thurs)
    Finish tiling. I want it finished...I just don't want to do the work!
    I'm doing it...hang out at TLP. :)
    Shopper, mostly.
    Y'all, you should find yourself a spouse/partner who cooks for the family. That way, every weekend is "I'm not cooking" weekend! DH is preparing crab, which I actually don't like lol, but I think that's why he's making it: it's his own "reward" for putting up with me being busy all weekend!

11. michelepixels

michelepixels Amazing, Awesome and Wonderful!

1. What's the weather like where you are? It had been quite warm still . . . until last night. It was only 50 degrees when I went out for my walk this morning. I cut it short because it felt tooooo cold!!!

2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to? I have to spend many hours in the theater box office instead of celebrating DSD. I have to miss one of my daughter's choir performances because of work too. :(

3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? I'd just like to scrap more and spend time talking with you all.

4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? I've always put priority on the scrapping.

5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"? My family has been mostly fending for themselves on weekends all year, since I got the job in the box office in January.

I'm heading to work now. I'll be back home about 8:30 and hope I'm not too tired to visit TLP and do a little more celebrating.

12. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

1. What's the weather like where you are? Still HOT! I am at a soccer game at 10:30 Saturday morning right now and it is about 85 and clear. Cold front is supposed to come thru on Sunday night and it is going to be a high of 75 on Monday- which sounds like heaven!
    2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to? Clean bathrooms and the kitchen and organize a big pile of stuff on the dining room table that has been piling up for a few months.
    3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? Lots of scrapping and watch some college football. Sad that it is a bye week for Alabama, but hope to watch the Auburn/Florida game and the Georgia/Tennessee game while scrapping.
    4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? Both, but mostly scrapper as I already shopped yesterday
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"? My husband is smoking some chickens and I will make some mashed potatoes and gravy and some kind of veggies to go with tonight. We might have pizza tomorrow or maybe Chinese.

13. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

1. What's the weather like where you are? 84 and sunny
    2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to? Nothing that I can think of
    3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? Take part in DSD activities
    4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? Both
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"? Fend for yourselves

14. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

1. What's the weather like where you are? Well, it has been burning up 95+ all week - until today when it is maybe going to reach 67. But the high 80s are then returning. So yeah, still summer with an occasional Fall day. We need rain bad.
    2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to? Probably should be mop the kitchen floor as watering the lawn has tracked in lots of mud.
    3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? Well, scrap of course!
    4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? So far I have been talking and kissing. Next up: shopping. Then scrapping.
    5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"? Papa Johns delivers...just sayin.

15. jenn mccabe

rub it in Sara ... you have a man that cooks and he makes delicious seafood!

Tree City likes this.
  16. jenn mccabe

Yum ... and I'm getting jealous of all you ladies with guys doing the cooking!

17. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

Nope, not happening at my house either. The closest my husband gets to cooking is driving to picking up the take out for me!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  18. burnbright

burnbright Active Member

It is 11 °C (52 °F) and cloudy
    Potty training my daughter. It is stressful.
    Work on a Christmas scrapbook for my daughter. It will be highlights
    I hope to do both.
    We always order food for dinner on Saturday because my husband has friends over to play boardgames. There are leftovers for Sunday night. I still have to do lunches.

19. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic College was bad for my reputation

1. What's the weather like where you are? After weeks in the 90's, it's 70, sunny, and beautiful today. We could use some rain, though. We haven't had any really measurable rain since like June. We are in a sever drought right now.

2. What's one thing you HAVE to do this weekend - but don't really want to? I have to get caught up on laundry and wash bed sheets. My granddaughter is coming to spend a couple of days with us starting tomorrow.

3. What's one thing you really WANT to do this weekend? Relax.

4. Are you a shopper or a scrapper during DSD weekend? I'm more of a scrapper, but I never seem to have the time I'd like during DSD. There's always something going on.

5. Are you cooking dinner, ordering take-out/going out, or is it "fend for yourselves, it's DSD weekend"? We'll order or eat out tonight and then I will cook tomorrow.

20. Electra

Electra Junk collector or treasure seeker? You decide

Chilly but bright and sunny
    Dishes
    DSD! What a silly question!
    Both
    Don't know, whatever comes to mind at the time.