Dropping out :(

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by lynnw, Jan 17, 2017.

1. lynnw

lynnw Active Member

I love doing these challenges but unfortunately I'll have to drop out. Filling in for a sick coworker, all of January's weekends fully booked, 7 days behind already, I just don't see it happening. Too bad since I was so pleased to get some pages done for my youngest son's baby album and I loved the different ideas, inspiration and techniques (and I was secretly coveting that Polly spot to be sure), but that's life! Wishing all of you good luck and happy scrapping!

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  2. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

I hope you still come back to the challenges to be inspired for you pages when you have more time!

Sending positive vibes your way!!!

3. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Oh no! Well if you can hop back in. I have only five done. And my work is giving me fits too!

4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Aw, man! That's horrible! Didn't you tell the sick co worker that it's not allowed? :giggle J/K.
    I hope you are able to get some challenges down as time fits. And don't be a stranger! There's always the monthly challenges to try for a guest Polly spot!

5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

well, we don't really ever stop! In February, there are 7 new challenges that give coupons for store, and chance to guest as a Polly also. (Every month but January we do this) and in the challenge section there are an additional 9 or more challenges by some of the resident designers here. They have prizes too!
    So, don't give up, just keep scrapping!! ♥

6. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I'm sorry Lynn! If you're able to complete just a few more, that's totally fine, and you can always come back to the forum and do some of the challenges after January!

7. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I hate it when life gets in the way of scrapping! Hugs, and I hope you can still sneak in a page or two!

8. scrappydonna

scrappydonna Blah blah blah

oh no so sorry you have to drop out. you can always do them when you hve free time :)

9. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

I'm sorry to hear that life is getting in the way of finishing the challenges!! I'm glad you were able to spend some time here during the MOC ...! I hope you can get back into the groove after things at work settle down (or get back to normal!)

10. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Aw, work is supposed to give you a pass in January! Hasn't every job realized this yet?! But seriously, as Anne mentioned, the fun never stops! Next month will bring more challenges, and not only that, but you can always check out the MOC challenges as they're posted. Even if you don't get all 31 posted in time to complete MOC, you'll still have lots of inspiration!

11. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Aww, hoping you can squeeze in a few here and there! Come back for February... plus there's only 7! :)

12. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I'm sorry Lynn! But at least you got some pages done for your album and you can always jump back in when things settle down. Plus there is always the February challenges!

13. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Awww...well, maybe you can still get some inspiration from some of the challenges when you do have time to scrap.

14. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Life does get in the way sometimes LOL. At least you got to participate at the beginning. Who knows, maybe you'll get to play later.

15. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

So sad to see this. It's like seeing one of your teammates get tackled and taken down. I've only gotten two days done myself because real life has gotten in the way. I'm right there with you!

16. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I hate it when real life gets in the way, sorry to see you drop out though.
    It's tough when you get behind as you get further and further behind and then it seems overwhelming.

17. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Aw bummer! I'm sorry to read this. Hopefully you can pop back in and do a couple more challenges as you have time even if you can't finish them all. I love that MOC kicks my mojo into high gear and love that it keeps me going even after January is over. I hope you'll have time next month for our regular monthly challenges! :)

18. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I'm out as well, taking care of family takes priority at the moment and also applying for jobs.

lynnw likes this.
  19. lynnw

lynnw Active Member

Family and job security definitely go first. I feel a lot less stressed having let go of the MOC idea... but if I hadn't had so much work and so many birthday weekends this month, I definitely would have stayed in! I just mean that knowing that I don't have time for it this month, I feel relieved now :)

20. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

My heart goes out to those of you who have to drop out. It's disappointing I'm sure but at least you know your priorities. I'm glad I had the monthly challenges to get 'in shape' for the MOC. I hope work/family lightens up for all of you and you can find some time in the future to try the challenges each month! At least you have all month to do them and there are options so you can pass on ones you find hard! Hugs!:grouphug