Dressed Up or Dressed Down? Difference

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by GodBlessAmerica, May 3, 2019.

1. GodBlessAmerica

GodBlessAmerica Active Member

I am not sure which thread to post this. What is the difference between @gonewiththewind Dressed Up and Dressed Down templates?

gonewiththewind likes this.
  2. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

@GodBlessAmerica If you look carefully you will notice that the sets of templates that are "dressed up" have more elements in them.

I personally prefer the "dressed down" as I often do not use a lot of elements on my layouts.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    bellbird likes this.
  3. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I love the dressed up, I am naturally a dressed down kinda gal, so getting more pretties on my pages using Cheryl's templates works perfectly for me.

bellbird likes this.
  4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

The photo spots on Dressed Down are often smaller, there's less element spaces, and sometimes less photo spots. I've had dressed up in some sets and dressed down in other sets. It really depends on what I want to scrap with them.

bellbird and Angela Toucan like this.
  5. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I find the same as Courtney, it varies for me. I scrap at 8x8, and multi photo so if there's more photos or larger photos on the dressed-up I'll get those. Cheryl's newer templates have the same sizes and number of photos for both sets so I would make the decision based on which I liked best. I tend to go with dressed down for multi photo and dressed up for 1 or 2 photos.

bellbird and bestcee like this.
  6. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

samesies!

7. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I have always bought dressed up because of the photo sizes. I like the larger ones. However, even though she has changed the sizing on the dressed down, I will still buy dressed up. I can always delete elements but I am not good at adding them in!

bellbird, keepscrappin and Ferdy like this.
  8. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

That's how I feel. It's not that I always get the DU version (as others have said, it depends on what type of page I want to make), but if I want a "full" page, then I'd rather get the DU set because I can delete or move something more easily than I can add to the DD version.

bellbird likes this.
  9. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Bart loves both versions, but does agree dressed up is easier if you need help with clustering. Also don't miss the FDD template grab bags for the iNSD sale. There's one for both versions. ;)

[​IMG]

bellbird likes this.
  10. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I don't know how I missed your tag, @GodBlessAmerica ! I've been around the forum consistently for days. LOL

Everyone gave you the right answer . . . the Dressed Down have less embellies and mixed media. I used to make the photo sizes smaller as well, but after repeated requests to keep the same photo size, I've stopped doing that. It's easy enough for the scrapper to reduce as they prefer without sacrificing the pixels/quality that you get when you size up.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any more questions!

bellbird likes this.
  12. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I prefer the dressed downs :)

13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

14. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!