dreaded bra shopping!!! |pad patter 08.15.2018

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Aug 15, 2018.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I went last night, to jc penneys. It is being remodeled while open. So all the dressing rooms but two are opened. one for boys, other ladies.
    The A/c is not going to the dressing rooms, and I live in the HOT HOT desert. The kind of desert that stays HOT even at night.
    Sweaty, and trudging across the whole store to get bras! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.
    Due to my large weight loss, I had to get new types of bras (way smaller, yeah)

I have the bras I like now (got a roaring good sale) now I will get them online...

egads....tell my you have better solutions or tell me your horror stories!
    misery loves company!

keepscrappin likes this.
  2. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I feel your pain! Hate bra shopping, actually hate wearing bras. :righton

mcurtt and Rachel Jefferies like this.
  3. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Uuuuugh. I hate that chore too. But to do it in a dressing room that's more sauna than "clothes try-on area" like that? NOPE. But hey, if you found ones you like, then it was worth it!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    Rachel Jefferies likes this.
  4. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I used to hate it only cause they don't make a heck of a lot of choices or even pretty choices in my size. Then I started going to Cacique. They are more expensive, but last me longer and there is no stress in buying. I was fitted, and then tried on a couple to find what was my best fit. I don't like padding at all, (or need it, lol!) so now, I can waltz in, find what I like, and pay really quickly. I can also shop there online store and that works too!

Ugh... I do hate using dressing rooms. When I was younger, I remember they had a stores with one big dressing room for everyone. My mouth dropped and I was like.. um, no. I don't need to see all these random ladies and their parts!

Rachel Jefferies likes this.
  5. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I feel your pain! I’m down 33 pounds, but luckily for me I have every size bra available. I threw out some old ones, went to my stash and found 5 that are practically brand new. Tried them on and washed them and I’m good to go!

6. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

Ugh. Add breastfeeding to that, and that my size has changed to what it was pre-pregnancy, i've actually lost a lot of weight thanks to the breastfeeding but have a large cup. Trying to find something that is supportive, nursing friendly AND comfortable . . nightmare!! I can't tell you the number of bra's I have tried on and number of online orders I've made (and sent back). I've finally found something that works for me, so sticking to the one trusted brand/bra that works and have two difficult colours, need to buy a third. Hate bra shopping, i really share your misery and then with those temps on top and no AC in the store :O

7. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

Oh yes I remember that too, hated it!

jk703 likes this.
  8. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I'm terrible about buying new bras... they're just so darn expensive! There's a specialty bra shop by our house that I have heard is fabulous with sizing and finding the right fit. I may go in there and splurge on a couple and then do my own shopping after that, once I have a better idea what fits me right.

The thought of trying on bras in a hot dressing room probably would have been enough for me to walk right out of there without trying anything on (I dread it enough that any excuse not to do it would be good enough for me... lol!). Good for you for getting it done and getting that good sale!

9. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

oh the dreaded bra shopping. I feel your pain both of my DDs need new bras and I've been putting it off. Definitely wouldn't want to do it in the HEAT. You're a trooper!

10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I hate bras so much and hate trying them on so much more! I finally went back to the most amazing sports bra - they have them on Amazon. I bought 3, then ordered 3 more. (They were originally called the AHHHHH Bra and Oprah started singing their praises). The "real" ones are not in any stores that I ever see, but I love them! I could literally sleep in them.

11. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

Ugh...bra shopping is the worst!! I'm in desperate need of new ones, too, but I keep putting it off because it just dread it so much. I'm actually considering trying Third Love, but I'm nervous about getting the wrong size and I'm not the best about making it to the post office for returns.

12. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Arghhh - what is worse is when the bra you thought felt good in the store turns into a cutter after wearing it several hours.

13. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I've been seeing those ads, and thinking about trying too! I wonder if I know anyone who has tried it!

14. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

I have been wanting to try Third Love too. I feel like I am kind of in between sizes and I LOVE that they offer half sizes.

15. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I'd rather stick a fork in my eye than go bra shopping. They don't sell my size in regular stories, and I've found Lane Bryant's bras are all over the map in what size (mostly) fits me. My chest is so heavy that no type or style of bra ever lasts for long.

Don't even get me started on bathing suit shopping! Unless I spend $200+ on a bathing suit with an actual bra in it, there is no bathing suit on the market that will keep them from hanging down to my knees (which is SUCH a hot look).

lmccandless and Cherylndesigns like this.
  16. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

Just yesterday I spent an hour @ Kohl's trying on a ba-zillion and one bras! FINALLY found one I liked so I bought two exactly the same. I despise bra shopping and usually put it off far too long!!

17. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Anne, I almost started a thread on bras a week or so ago. I went to the outlets across the Bay where I've been happy with my bras for years. I did get fitted some time ago and was happy to have a size I knew. I hate buying bras in the summer in particular for all the heat related reasons everyone mentioned. Before crossing the Bay, I tried Target as they have so many but alas in their new clothing design, they seem to have decided that 38 is the largest they'll carry in the pretty bras. 40 means you can find something in what I call the orthopedic bras. ugh. Yes, the twins are big and are definitely low hanging fruit but really..

Anyhow, at the outlet stores, I was hard pressed to find anything my size and the clerk suggested I try a 42C instead of a 40D. I tried to shove the girls into what looked like the old ice cream cone bras and just couldn't do it. In the end I left with 4 bras various sizes that I thought...I'll try them on in a cool air conditioned room. One I'm keeping but it still is industrial looking and the other three go back. My old bras that finally bit the dust came from that same outlet and it's the old story. The company no longer makes them. %&#&@!! I'm going to Walmart one of these days where I've had success in the past.

I tried 3rd Love and it all three went back. My normal size but one was too big, the others too small. I do have one I bought from True & Co and it's ok. The cup pads (to get that nipple coverage) come out and the part at the bottom does roll up but it's still ok. And that's all it is...ok. Very comfortable though.

18. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I so need bras but absolutely can never find any that I like. Either my arm boob is showing or my underboob is there. I won't do padded which narrows the market even more.

I had one once that I raised my arms at work and my boobs fell out -- boy was that a day that my arms stayed down at my side for the day.

meggersjm likes this.
  19. Meredith78

Meredith78 Well-Known Member

This is me. I've been wearing the same two bras since I returned to normal size three weeks after my son was born.

Given that he's sixteen months old, it's probably time for a new one (or three)...

20. meggersjm

meggersjm bunny ears, bunny ears, playing by a tree

Ugh.

I echo you ladies- Not a fan of bra shopping. My best tip is to find a good fitter and find your fit- then buy the same thing in multiple colors.

If you can buy the cutsey ones- I envy you!!!

Cherylndesigns likes this.