Don´t wanna adult today

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by cinna, Nov 4, 2017.

1. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

This is one of those days when me and hubby would have loved just to stay home in PJ´s, drinking coffee and just poke around with whatever we want to do.

Instead we have to attend a "family" gathering that we don´t feel for at all, knowing that depending on my MIL´s current mood it can be OK or really judgemental. That lady is really a reincarnation of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
    Le sigh....

2. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I feel for you!! My ex-MIL is exactly like that! I hope it's something that you can show up for and bow out quickly if you need to!

3. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

My MIL is the same exact way!! Text that everyone has food poisoning and you won't be making it! I don't condone lying, but sometimes you just have no other choice...especially when there's a high chance of a ruined day/weekend.

4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Aw, man! I'm sorry. I hate adulting most days. I hope that it goes okay, or that you can escape quickly!

5. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I hope it goes well, and I also hope that it isn't ALL day, so that you and your husband can go get ice cream or some other little treat as either a reward or a consolation prize for how the day goes!

6. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I just finished being adult for the day!

lol, then I had a hot flash, ate a piece of chocolate cake, standing in front of fridge and drank milk from the gallon! I feel liberated! Now...........
    I shall scrap!

perhaps, you should have some pure selfish childlike reward when finished with your grown up time?? think of it whilst the Dr. Jekyl and Hyde show happens, and smile!

Sokee likes this.
  7. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

8. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Thanks everyone! It worked out OK!
    Now I´m gonna reward myself with Netflix, cheese balls and big glass of wine! Oh, and the PJ´s on too!:bk

mcurtt and Tree City like this.