D'oh

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by amko22, Nov 8, 2012.

1. amko22

amko22 Active Member

D'oh

I put together like, fourteen pages for a little book I want to print out but I made them all and realized I can't print as is. I'll need to figure out the exact order I want the pages and then print two different halves of the layouts together so that when I lay the cardstock pages on top of each other and fold them in, the proper layouts will be opposite each other... I can't believe I didn't consider that fact earlier. :dizzy I'm really glad I noticed before I had fourteen pages printed, though, hah.

It's been a long day and I'm so done with the computer, lol.

I think next time I will just save myself the trouble and buy a ready-made smash book. On the other hand, hopefully our trip will go off without a hitch and in a few weeks we'll be on vacation in Canada and I'll have a neat, little, homemade book to document everything! :yesss

2. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

Travel mini books are so cool!! Do share some pictures once you're ready to print it!

3. mirjam

mirjam mirjam

Maybe it will help if you make a smal paper dummy amie and write down where evey page should go. then take the dummy apart and fix your pages accordingly. I too would love to see the result!

4. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

yeah, try a practice book.

5. amko22

amko22 Active Member

I thought of a different way I could bind it. I could just print them as is and glue the backs of the paper together instead of binding down the middle. Maybe I could make a cardboard-ish cover and use string or elastic to hold the covers together. Then the pages would also be a little sturdier.

6. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

Oh... I'm away from my computer right now... But if you search for DIY book binding on Pinterest there is totally tons of things you can do after pasting the backs together... I'll try to remember to link some when I get back :)