Does anyone still use the Collecy App for 3x4 images/prints

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by cookingmylife, Oct 27, 2019.

1. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I have been - still - thinking about my November Gratitude album and wanted a photo with not much text on it but still with a date, without my doing all the bits. I know me and I get fed up with the odds and ends even when I DO make my own template.

It's been years (2013) since I used Collect and while it does look as I used to use it - I think - when saved it goes to my downloads so I have to 'make the final' when I take the photo or at least on the same day to get that date. I'm wondering if it's worth doing that or just designing a 3x4 template myself and typing in the date. I may not do a title and instead write a little but under that image. I'm still waffling on a TN size album or a little 3.5x5.5 in small kraft Moleskin one. Get the Collect image printed at home, glued on and then take my time to write a bit and print those bits out later.

Anyone have any issues with the app/use of it etc? Here's what one of my today images looks like.
    191027_Front_Card_1ecff8a01f93e4da4682262a.jpg

londoncuppa likes this.
  2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Hmm, I've never even heard of the app, but I wanted to say I loved your example page. Perhaps if you worked on quite a few at once, then you could open ALL of them in PS and do a quick "save as"? I know it's still time-consuming, but but doing a batch would take less time than doing individual pages. (This would work only if the Collect files are saved with easily understood file names.) But again, I know my work-around isn't what you're looking for, and I'm sorry I can't help more! Hopefully someone here has more info!

3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I am not familiar with that app either... I've heard of it, but I know I've never used it. I'm pretty sure it's a Mac thing right Maureen?

I love the idea of a gratitude album. I'm totally biased, but I immediately starting thinking of TN sized because that's what I do for my daily journal, but a small moleskin would also be so fun! I have my little Sprocket printer (2x3 with sticker backing) that I ADORE and when I want to add a photo to one of my daily pages I just print from my phone. You can add text on top of the photos and cute little "stickers" (with the Sprocket app) too before you print although I've never done that because I add the date to my page with stickers or I hand write the date on the top of each page.

4. cookingmylife

Thank you both. I don't know if this is a Mac only app but I've finally decided to make my own template using the old CK Mou Saha font. I know in past years there have been days when I was grateful for something but had to find a photo to express that and it wasn't necessarily something I shot myself.

In cleaning out my photos this week as my iCloud is getting full (eek!) I found a old card that, while made with the Collect app, looks like I want it too. I can certainly make that template! This way it will be quick and only need minimal journaling. I think I can stick to that!!! (btw, I remember how much I liked some of these books!!)

IMG_1911.jpeg

Tree City and bestcee like this.
  5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

That looks great Maureen! :)

6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

@cookingmylife
    I laughed at your card! I learned today that my library card has a 50 book limit.....

Good thing I had my son's card too!

7. cookingmylife

8. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

I've used the Collect App since 2014, but I only use it for the calendar photo a day part & not individual prints. Your image looks great though!