Does anyone know PSE 6?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by lorryfach, Mar 3, 2015.

1. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

We have a new scrapper in the gallery, Dannielle, asking for help, and I thought a thread over here might get more attention than a question in the gallery.

[​IMG]
    She wrote
    Can anyone help her out? I don't know if PSE 6 has the bin?

2. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

It looks like it was not a png with a transparent background. PSE6 was a long time ago. I would look to see if the magic wand tool is there and select the gray area and then delete that selection.

I'd totally think about updating, it will be quite different, but there have been many improvements.

3. elseepe

Another option might be to try a different blending mode on the flower layer itself, but I'm not sure the gray will disappear as it is so close to the white background . . . maybe darken, but I suspect that will only work on the bottom half of the flower.

4. neeceebee

neeceebee CT - Krista Sahlin

If i remember PSE6, it has to do with how she got the flower onto the page.

If you want to move the flower to your page, you should open (or makes active) the file with your flower. And then you drag this element onto your layout - in the photo bin. If you do it the other way, it makes the gray box.

5. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

She can use the magic eraser tool to erase the gray box. I have pse 6 and that is all I use, so I can walk her through it. But like someone else mentioned, it doesn't look like it was a PNG to begin with.

6. weaselwatchr

You don't have to drag the flower over to your layout either. You can have both items open, and just select all on the flower image copy, and then go to layout and paste

7. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

The flower was a PNG. It is from MPM Folio and you can see it in the 4th preview for the kit here. I think Denise is onto something.

8. elseepe

Denise may be right, I do remember "back in the day", always dragging down to my "working page file" in the photo bin vs. dragging up from the photo bin.

I found this post on Elements Village, so I'm pretty confident that Denise gets the prize on this one!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  9. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

I have PSE 11 and I love dragging everything up from the bin into the document so that the name of the element is in the layers palette. I have no problems like the gray box that happened in her layout. That must be due to the improvements with updated versions.

10. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I have PSE6 but don't use it for scrapping precisely because of that..... it would not give me the grey box but would create a black line around the pngs....
    My filter gallery was not working, lots of weird things happened...I bought it in Amazon in 2008...but it wouldn't work properly after 3 or 3 months.. :(
    I was so frustrated I ended up crying my head of and gave up...... I scrap on a program that is very very cheap and dead easy to use, I may show her the way to Craft Artist...I ll try go find her :)

11. Dannielle

Dannielle New Member

Hi ladies. So sorry I've only just seen this. I wasn't using is it the cutting tool and selecting the flower to cut and paste onto page. Well that's what I've done to correct it lol. If there is an easier way please let me know.

12. weaselwatchr

I have pse 6. With both items in the bin, I copy the flower, and then just paste into the layer I want.

13. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Cynthia, I love Craft Artist. I stopped using it because it didn't seem as flexible as PSE, but if you are saying you create all your amazing pages with Craft Artist, I may consider giving it another try...