Does anyone have experience with a Canon EOS D500

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by coco, Dec 29, 2009.

1. coco

coco coco

i`m totally looking forward to get myself a new cam. so i was searching the net and i found the Canon EOS D500.

I really need a cam for begginer because i always worked with a small pocket cam.

so does anyone have experience with this model? and what kind of supplies are necessary to start?

2. rsk

rsk New Member

I have a EOS 400D & I love it. I used to take photos in auto mode with just the kit lens for a long time. Just now I got myself a 50 mm, 1.4 lens, to start with the kit lens is more than enough. I think EOS D models are available only in europe, its called Rebel XTi in the other countries(I think)

3. coco

coco coco

thank you so much... i just saw that the EOS 500 is also called Rebel T1i... there are different kits in the shops here and i`m not sure if a 18-55mm lens is ok to start or i`ll get the kit with the 18-55mm & 55-250mm
    and do i need such things like filters etc...???

4. Kate

Kate The Doctor's new companion

I don't have any experience myself, but I was just about to say, "That model is the Rebel in the US" but you beat me to it! I know LOADS of people have the Rebel so hopefully you'll get lots of advice Julia :)

5. renee82

renee82 renee82

I recently upgraded my camera to a Canon 50D... but have had a Rebel Xt for over 4 years and have been quite happy with it... I don't know what I would have done without it....

6. Vesi

Vesi New Member

Coco, this is very good camera. But if you are used a small pocket cam .... this canon is very different from this, that you accustomed to use .. changing lens .. ets ... If you are interested in photography - take this camera, but if you are not - cam "like DSRL" will be right ... There are some cameras that are "like DSLR"- a level between small pocket cameras and DSLR cameras ... And choice depend of that about what you want to use it (for example when I and son are going to a park to play with other kids I take with me so much things for my boy and then I prefer to bring with me my canon powershot sx20 is; don't to change a lens and bring it with me - I have also other thing to bring ...)

It is better to get the kit with the 18-55mm & 55-250mm, they are for different focal lengths.
    (Most used lens with this camera:
    CANON EF-S 18-55MM F/3.5-5.6 IS
    CANON EF-S 55-250MM F/4-5.6 IS
    CANON EF-S 17-55MM F/2.8 IS
    TAMRON SP AF17-50MM F/2.8 XR DI II LD ASPHERICAL [IF]
    CANON EF 28-135MM F/3.5-5.6 IS USM )

7. coco

coco coco

aww thank you girls...

renee why did you change yours??? i looked for the 50d as well but i think for the beggining this is too much money to spend ;)

vesi thank you so much for all this information... yes i`m very interested in photography and i`d like to learn everything about it but i`m not sure if i`ll have the patience for it...
    i thought already that i`ll not take this big cam with me everywhere of exactly the reason you said... but i`m not happy anymore with my small one...

8. renee82

renee82 renee82

!!

I upgraded mine 'cause my old one is 5 years old and had a lot of wear and tear.. and well, who wouldn't want a pretty new camera? lol!

9. coco

coco coco

LooL Renee with that you are totally right :happydance2

i got mine before yesterday... now :photo i have to figure out how this stupid thing works :jumpey

but i`m totally amazed of the difference to the old cam...