Document Your December - Ideas?

Discussion in 'Document Your December 2021' started by Scrapping with Liz, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I want to make a December Album. Last year I scrapped 12 memories of Christmas and 2 years before that I scrapped a page for every day leading up to Christmas. (I skipped 2019)

Since we are already on December 5th and I have not taken photos every day, I need some ideas on how to "Document my December".

Any ideas?!?

2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I have this as my cover,
    [​IMG]
    and then day 4.
    [​IMG]

We have been doing Elf and I have been intentional about taking photos everyday so I can go back and do those.
    You could decide to do December highlights and focus on Christmassy things that you do, instead of a daily thing. That way some days may not be featured but other days may have more than one page.

Scrapping with Liz likes this.
  3. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I've been known to "fudge" it if I don't have photos every day. There are days when more photos are taken and if some of them are more generic (not tied to a specific event), I'll use it for a day I don't have anything. I've had to do this when I did my "Week in Review" albums 13 years ago.

I do try to take at least one photo a day even if it is something like a sunset out the window because I do live a very boring life! In December I am more focused about taking photos so that I can do a page for each day.

Do what works for you because it is "Documenting YOUR December".

4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I plan on December Moments this year. Some things need 2 pages, like the parade we went to. And other things need 1 page - like the movies we watched. I plan on putting all the movies together on a 2 page spread, and just date them. So, more of a topic overview of our December.

5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'm doing the DYD again this year, for the 4th year. I use a photo that I take each day and build my TN page around that. My pages are 4x6, I get them printed at Walgreen's at the end of December and put them in one of my TN journals. It gives me a few inches to write more - at the bottom of my 4x6 "layout".

6. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Thanks for the ideas!

I think I might go with a "traditions" album. We have multiple traditions throughout December and it would be nice to document them. They do ebb and flow but we have some definite things we do every year.

bestcee and Karen like this.
  7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I tend to only make pages for the Christmas related things we do each year. So I'll usually do a page about getting our tree (we go to a tree farm and cut our own down). Then I do a page for decorating the tree. I'll do a page or two for Christmas Eve with my MIL and SIL and BIL and then I'll do two pages for actual Christmas day. I'll add any extra pages for unique things related to Christmas on any given year and that's pretty much all I do. I put those page in my regular Shutterfly book, but I also print just the Christmas pages and have a Christmas album that I add to each year. It's really fun to have all those Christmas pages together in one book so we can see how much we all change over the years!

mcurtt and Scrapping with Liz like this.