Doctors office dramas

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by littlekiwi, Feb 13, 2018.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Some of you may have seen in my status updates here that I suddenly got lumped with a $42 drs bill that I didn’t see until after I left the office last week (sometimes drs visits aren’t charged which is why I didn’t think anything of it til I saw the next receipt). When I was there on Monday I double checked that I still owed the amount and was told yes so I asked if I could pay it off each time I come in and they were fine with that so each time I give them $10 - $5.50 for the injection and $4.50 for the debt until I can save a bit more to wipe the debt totally. I also spoke to the practice manager about the way it was handled - not being charged correctly initially then neither receptionist picking it up the following time and they’ve apologised and said they will remind the receptionists to be more careful in the future

2. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I'm sorry Jennifer. I'm glad you were able to work it out with them though. Take care!

3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

So sorry, Jennifer! What a pain. I'm glad you were able to work out payments with them. They really should tell you these things up front!

4. littlekiwi

Exactly, that’s why I was so annoyed - I had the money the day I had the appt but when I wasn’t charged I used the money on something else I needed so when the issue was discovered by me I didn’t have the $42 to sort it out immediately, luckily i’m there frequently so it won’t take too long to repay.

5. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Glad you'll pay it off quickly, but I'd be super annoyed, too. I hate it when things like that happen!! I've done it as well.

6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

That's such a hassle! Sometimes I'm not sure they really know what they're doing. I've spent my fair share of time on the phone with insurance companies over the years.

7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Ugh! I'm so sorry! We dealt with that in December! The office suddenly billed us for $700. Turned out we had $400 sitting there that no one actually applied to our bill. :duh:hummm
    We still ended up with $300 bill, but at least it wasn't the full $700 at Christmas time!

I really hate when offices do that.

8. littlekiwi

@bestcee glad it wasn’t that kind of bill - I’d be broke for months!

bestcee likes this.
  9. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

so sorry Jennifer @littlekiwi .. It works a little different here in the states with an HMO etc. I worked in Customer Service for 3 different insurance carriers over 28 years, so that was why I was trying to help. Glad they set up a payment plan for you :) and that you also spoke to the manager for future visits/patients.