do you?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Li Li Wee, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

You talented scrappers out there... may I know do you sharpen your page once you have completed with a page? and if you do, does it make any difference if I do not sharpen it?

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I run an action that I think sharpens it for save for web, but for my to print pages..naw...just save as psd, and jpg and then upload to my photobook place

3. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

thanks Anne... I guess I better do it then!!

4. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I have an action for web, and it sharpens...and I also do it for printing...I don't know how to explain it technically, but it makes difference!!

5. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I don't sharpen to print just to post in the web.

6. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

7. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

I sharpen for web and print.

8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I don't sharpen my pages to print or to post online. I'm too lazy and I think sometimes they are too easy to over sharpen.

9. Cherry Limeade

Cherry Limeade New Member

I run an action for save to web that sharpens. I want to sharpen for print - is there an action for this somewhere? Or what settings do y'all use?

10. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

apart from the fact that I dont use CS or PSE...I also think sometimes is time I can be using for scrapping more!!!! LOL does it make that much of a difference? never thought a page would be sharpened? sometimes I dont even like the look of sharpened photos....

11. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Use the unsharpen mask. I use an action, and on Kate Hadfield's blog, I wrote a tut for an action based on Iva's "Save for Web tutorial" here: http://katehadfielddesigns.com/blog/photoshop-tips-and-tricks/photoshop-tips-save-for-web/10665 .. I have found even when I make a photo smaller, it helps to "unsharpen mask"... (In Photo shop go to Filter>Sharpen>Unsharpen mask using the default settings.) Also on photos I sometimes use a "defog action" as digital photos tend to have a fog on them that you do not realize.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  12. vixen

vixen Pink Parrot Head

oh I love "unsharpen mask," my fav tool
    have the Focal Blade plugin too,
    and will use a resize for web action

thanks for the tut, Christa :)

13. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

I only have recently started sharpening for web (via a action)... Never for print.

14. purlz76

purlz76 Ags

Previously I used to sharpen like there's no tomorrow. But now since I have to yet the Sharpen feature in my laptop's PE11, I do not sharpen.

For printing, I dun sharpen too. I just save in psd. Then re-save in jgp w/o resizing.

15. Roboliver

Roboliver I feel right at home at the Glitter Gulch!

I'm going to have to give this a try. Never thought to sharpen for web. You ladies are so smart!

16. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Also I use a defog action on my digital photos.. there is a film on digital that you really do not notice until you use it and then wow.. that uses the "unsharpen mask". I find that the unsharpen mask really does a great job on photos for clarity. also in PS / or CS the same tool that you may use for smudging also has a "triangle" tool which is a sharpener too. Sometimes if a face is slightly out of focus, I use a large soft brush the size of the face and then use that triangle sharpen tool/brush and tap the face once or twice and it does a great job. As someone else mentioned you can sharpen "too much" so just don't overdo.. try once and then hit undo and you can see the difference. If you like it then redo, if you need a tweak more do that.. you can also set the opacity of the triangle/sharpen tool so that is a good thing too if you only want to sharpen slightly.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  17. mummyd

mummyd Iron Maiden ...

I always sharpen all my pages after I have finished them, before I flatten the page I save a PSD first, then flattern, duplicate the layer and then go to filter, other high pass, and OK, then this layer looks kinda grey, so I change the blend mode to vivid light, really bumps everything on your page

18. kyky

kyky Here, kitty kitty

I never did it O__o I will surely start doing it!

19. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I always sharpen for web.. :P with an unsharpen mask...*L*.. and I have been doing so for printing my art journal too

20. kyky

kyky Here, kitty kitty

:wootOH MY! the difference is incredible. I follow the tutorial linked by Christa and...wow, now I'll create my action (alwasys following the tutorial). THANKS-SO-MUCH!