Do you scraplift?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by mrsski07, Aug 14, 2012.

1. mrsski07

mrsski07 Hot for Harlequin

I know some people are very :disagree about it, while others are more :yesss. I'm in the second category. I find myself inspired by the page design, the subject that's being scrapped about or a use for an item that I'd never considered. Then I just translate it into my own page.

What about you? Do you do it? How often? To what extent (do you lift the entire design verbatim, or just pieces of it)?

2. Nikki Epperson

Nikki Epperson I'm really a spy.

I rarely lift unless it's for a challenge. I seem to forget that I can, lol! I put pages into my faves all the time, but then I forget. I need to do it more though. For me, it's a huge ego boost about one of my pages if someone finds it lift-worthy!

3. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

All of this.

4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yep... what Nikki said.

When I first started digi, I scraplifted a LOT! A lot of those pages I lifted directly just to see if I could recreate someone else's magic.

5. mommatrish

mommatrish mommatrish

^yup, me too.

Now, I do like to browse some paper pages to get a basis for how things would look (and be shadowed) on an actual page, and sometimes I pull some paper ideas from there, but never anything much.

6. mrspotts

mrspotts Could I get a planner for my planner?

I like to scraplift. Usually end up smooshing a couple of layouts that I like together. It has been a while since I did one that was strictly verbatim. It has to bee something pretty outstanding for me to do that which is why it has been awhile.

7. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

Yep, I agree too! I put them in favorites or pin them and never seem to remember to look there when I'm trying to create something. Perhaps that's because I'm distracted by this new idea that popped into my head. Maybe I need to challenge myself to look there the next time I want to start a layout.

I've found the scraplift challenge to be a little tough sometimes as I don't generally do it. Sometimes that one takes me weeks to finish because I want to be inspired instead of copy. Is this all due to some "no copying off of someone else's paper" thing we all had in elementary school???

8. mrsski07

Strangely, I very rarely lift digital pages. It's mostly paper pages that inspire me.

9. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This

I LOVE finding paper pages as inspiration. Especially from the group of girls in Poland who scrap for ILS. They amaze me. Constantly.

I really want to scraplift Allison Pennington for this month's challenge, but I'm totally intimidated and feel like I won't do it justice. :giggle

10. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

I don't scraplift much but I never scrap without a template so I guess that is scraplifting in a sense LOL.

11. mommatrish

mommatrish mommatrish

I will say this - I LOVE to be scraplifted. It makes me feel all warm and gooey inside.

12. amandaresende

amandaresende amandaresende

i'm so inspired by paper pages!! it's fun to try do the same in digital :-)
    i don't scraplift much... i think i forget that too LOL

13. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I want to, but I don't think to do it. After seeing a blog article elsewhere, I created a Pinterest board with layouts that I want to lift in some way. I think it will help me to actually execute my lofty ideas. :)

14. julia

julia julia

I sometimes browse galleries for the purpose of finding a LO to scraplift, but when I'm done with my LO it's usually far from the LO I got my inspiration from. I love it when other people use my LO for a scraplift! :)

15. Peppermint

Peppermint One Little Bird

I like to scraplift! Paper, digital - I'm equal opportunity. Scraplifting is one of my "lost my mojo fighters" - it's like soaking up someone else's mojo to refill my own tank. But with the prevalence of templates at this point I find it's harder to scraplift because I don't want to lift a page that used a template. It makes me feel like I've stolen the template and that I should just go buy the template, you know? Anyone else run into that?

16. mommatrish

mommatrish mommatrish

that's how I feel about lifting template pages too

17. mrsski07

I do try not to lift pages using templates. Unless I'm lifting a title or theme, of course.

18. carolee

carolee Humming along in the Neil mobile

Yes! I feel the same way about this.

19. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

i scraplift in a sense. i tend to find a layout that inspires me and jump off from that. rarely does it ever end up actually looking anything even remotely close to the original layout, but sometimes it does. and a lot of times i will squish together elements i like from more than one layout.