Do you make/bake your own bread? | Pad Patter 09.17.22

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by ArmyGrl, Sep 17, 2022.

1. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

I had to look this one up...it looks yummy! Mmmm...the orange marmalade would add tang and sweetness!

2. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

@bestcee Woo hoo! Thanks for the recipe and advice about the rising. I never thought to put the dough in such a container.

One of the biggest downfalls to making homebred bread is how quickly it goes stale (but bread without preservatives is a reason to make it fresh). Perhaps one of the reasons I have not been 100% successful with my endeavors is that I keep trying to halve the recipes. With it being just the hubby and I, I don't need two super loafs. I guess I need to get back at it and perfect my own recipes.

bestcee likes this.
  3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Aw thanks! And yeah... I never actually had a work lockdown either. My company was deemed essential from the beginning, so we all kept on working although after a bit, I did get to work from home for a few months. But I did have a lot more free time in the evenings since everything else was canceled.

4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Try making it the whole recipe, and then bake it in a smaller half loaf pan, or make the two loaves in the regular pan. Then wrap one and freeze it. If you wrap it well, and let it defrost without getting wet, it does better good. You can also experiment with making the regular recipe, and then freeze the dough before you bake it. There's modifications for that on the internet, I find it easier to just freeze the baked loaf.

5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I make enough bread, it's pretty hands off for me. I get a lot done while it rises or bakes!

Cath_ likes this.