Do You Hate the Sound of Chewing

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by scrapsandsass, Sep 29, 2015.

1. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

The chewing doesn't bother me as much as my daughter's habit of dragging her fork across her teeth. I think she must bite down on the fork when she eats and then scrapes the food off as she pulls the fork out. We had a huge discussion the other day at dinner about how and why she does that. Her solution is to just use her hands then... she's 13 (14 this month)... sigh. On the plus side... I'm not sure we're going to have to worry too much about her dating :eyeroll

2. Chel

Chel Active Member

Doesn't really bother me but I have a friend who will go crazy if you eat potato chips on while talking on the phone with her.

3. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

That totally made me LOL. :) Whenever I'm worried that my hubby's female co-workers are getting too friendly, my daughter reminds me that they'll just need to hear him eating and my marriage will be safe. Hahahaha

4. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

LOL! Totally giggled! That is a funny way to look at it! (Though, I've seen your pictures of her, and that might not stop them!)

5. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

Oh my gosh - you guys.. I haven't read ANY of this thread - including the first post - but I've got to tell you.. I loathe the sound/sight/idea of chewing so much that every time the thread title comes up in my new posts I have to physically stop myself from throwing up in my mouth a little.. Ugh.. and now.. carry on with your regularly scheduled programming..

Also - I won't be returning to read more.. ;) :p

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  6. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

All of this. *heaveyarf* Truly. Those commercials that zoom in on people eating and it's supposed to be some kind of seduction? Ya. No. Ew. Yuck. Yick. Shiver.

7. yellowpeep

yellowpeep Spaaaarrrrrkkkleeeee

You know, this doesn't surprise me in the least. I too suffer from it. It can't be a coincidence that so many people on this site suffer from it, too. Creative folks must have some kind of sensitivity to details and stimulation. I tell my husband that chewing sounds are the equivalent of nails on a chalkboard to me. I'm so glad it's got a name so it doesn't just seem like oversensitivity. And Sara: Kit Kat commercials. Enough said.