Do YOU get up? Or stay in bed? Pad Patter 8.26.20

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Aug 26, 2020.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I do some of my best creating in the middle of the night. But, I adore sleep.
    When I am tossing and turning in bed and just can't get comfy, I give it about an hour of staring in dark and flipping and then I am up.
    Hence why this post is up at 12:01am mountain daylight time. hahah

We went to bed wicked early, 930pm. I was all comfy and just flipped for a full hour and said, enough
    Did dishes. Scrubbed my kitchen counters. Then leg said SIT now!
    I was actually gonna sweep and mop (but this silly knee is not healing as fast <instantly is what I wanted> as I hoped.

So, how long do you lay there until you get up? If you do get up, what do you do?

2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I usually read when I get up. I do get up after 30-60 minutes. I usually only go to the couch and read for a while in an attempt to make sleep easy. I suffer from insomnia a lot, and getting up is the main thing I have to do, or I'll lay there for hours.....

3. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I try to stay in bed,this is how it goes ; read, sigh, turn, sigh some more, play a game on the kindle, sigh, stare at the window, sigh.... get up watch tv with the sound low, or go on the computer.... by 4.30 am I am tired enough to sleep....
    Doesn't happen often any more, but this used to be a regular thing....

4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

It depends. If I'm not working and know I can sleep a little later in the am, I will get up after an hour or so and do a few things. If it's during the school week when I have to get up at 5am, I will usually lay there and try to will myself back to sleep, which sometimes works and sometimes not lol

5. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I will stay in bed, if I can't sleep then my phone goes on and I read my kindle app until I fall asleep again.
    If I were to get up the cats would think it was play time and then hubs wouldn't be able to keep sleeping.

6. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

It depends.

If in the middle of the night, I will lay there and try to fall asleep. If that doesn't work, I try a glass of water/the full feeling. Roam around a bit. Pet the dog, lol. If nothing works, I read a book (but that means I won't usually go back to sleep, so that is a really last resort).

If it's morning, I wake up and if no plans will read a little and then get up for tea.

7. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Fortunately, I sleep pretty well most of the time... not as long as I'd like, with the average these days being about 6½ hours, but it's good sleep. Once in a while I will have trouble getting to sleep or wake up in the middle of the night and have trouble getting back to sleep. I will take about an hour of doing what I can to try to sleep (focusing on my breathing, doing math/counting to distract myself from busy thoughts, etc.), but on the very rare occasions that it goes longer than that, I will go into the other room and watch mindless TV, hoping to fall asleep there but at least relaxing. I don't have the physical or mental energy at those times to try to do anything productive.

8. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I usually get up and go to the bathroom and get a drink. Then I come back to bed and toss and turn and get annoyed with hubby’s snoring. I rarely get up and do something else because I don’t want to wake the others up but sometimes I come out to the couch. Either way it seems like I barely fall asleep again and hubby’s alarm will go off. :giggle

9. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Get up and go to the bathroom. Some times I will get my tablet and check on the main game I play or color a photo in my coloring app. But then I will put it away in the office and go back to bed. I do not read in bed nor do I use any electronics in bed either. Used to. It was not a very good thing for me when I had to get up to go to work in the morning so I have learned that I need to keep them away from the bedroom.

Doesn't happen very often these days thankfully. When it does it is because I am worried about something.

10. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Knock on wood I sleep well but not as much as I'd like @KimJ It's usually about 7 hours. If I wake up in the night it's usually because I was drinking iced tea or coffee (both decaf) too late in the night and it's just a bathroom trip then back to sleep. Summer heat is my nemesis for liquids too late in the day. I feel for those of you who don't sleep will. I do a few prayers and some energy work every night when I get to bed and it's usually after a shower - I consciously think of washing the day away plus Virgos just like to be clean! very clean! :giggle

KimJ likes this.
  11. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Fortunately I sleep pretty good. It's probably because I only get about 6.5-7 hours of sleep. If I do wake up I usually just try to lay there until I fall back asleep again.

12. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I won't lay there for over 30 minutes, sometimes now even that long. I can't stand to just lay there.

13. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I used to be a champion sleeper.... but for some reason over the last 1-2 years I don't seem to need as much sleep anymore, which is weird, but good I guess. Sometimes I wake up way before my alarm and I feel like I'm done sleeping, but I don't wanna get up. :giggle So I just snuggle in and do some thinking. It's usually projects I want to work on and I plan out my day.

If I wake up in the middle of the night it's usually one of two things, I'm too hot or I have to go pee. So I'll get up and go to the bathroom, get a drink of ice cold water (already at my bedside table) and then I try to go back to sleep. only on the very rare occasion that I can't go back to sleep I whip out my kindle which is always right next to my pillow where I dropped it when I feel asleep reading at bedtime. :giggle

14. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I don't get up. I'm usually so exhausted that I fall right to sleep but if not, I TikTok until I've settled down some.

15. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I was going to ask how the knee was doing. Don't over do it! I am seriously falling asleep right now and it's a few minutes shy of 4pm CST.

16. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

I used to sleep like a rock..... then the menopause happened. Yep, now I read in bed till Im ready to fall asleep. Sometimes if I just cannot settle I will get up and drink a glass of milk, not sure if it actually works or I do it because its what my Mumma told me to do, but it seems to do the trick and I can settle down.

Karen likes this.
  17. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I’m naturally a night owl anyway but sleeping issues aside, if I’m warm and comfortable in bed, that’s where I’ll stay.