Do you ever... | pad patter 10.9.18

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Oct 9, 2018.

1. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

it happens but usually not by choice, it's usually insomnia related and i do pay for it the next day. i'm not tied to my TV luckily so i think that helps for me. i never watch anything when it first airs - if i'm following a show i'll just catch it when the mood strikes.

keepscrappin likes this.
  2. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

Not TV here but sucked into editing photos in Lightroom - trying different effects..... Can spend hours......

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Books are my downfall. Especially, if I'm so close to finishing... and that tends to start at 80% done... lol!

Not really TV, ONLY because I just started watching a couple shows with my son, so we are done by 10. I stopped watching TV mostly - I was hooked on so many shows - after Sandy wiped out my DVR.

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

I tend to start something, then fall asleep in the middle of it.

I always end up falling asleep in the middle of a TV show or movie. TV shows are the worst because they just keep going with new episodes and suddenly I'm at episode 7 when I started at Episode 1 and fell asleep during it.

But then I wake up at like 3 or 4 AM and can't fall back asleep. Oops.

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. sthomas51004

sthomas51004 Well-Known Member

I'm a night owl; I always have been. Since my surgery in August my sleeping schedule has been so messed up. My husband works 6p to 6a 4 days a week (sometimes more if he is picking up an extra shift or two) and I am now on his schedule. I say to myself every night that I am going to bed by 11. Some nights I get there but by 1a I am wide awake...like right now. Thankfully I do not have a job to get up for or a child(he is 20) who needs me up at any certain time. I have come to the conclusion that this is my new normal.

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

One thing about retirement... if this happens it isn't a big deal!

I am a night owl anyways so staying up late is something that happens often.

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Yes. I work four days a week so I try really hard to be lying down in bed with eyes closed by midnight Monday through Thursday nights. The worst part, though, is that I struggle with insomnia, especially if I try to go to bed before 11 pm, so I can either wake up every few hours if I go to bed early or get a solidish 5-6 hours of sleep if I go to bed at midnight (or later).

I always stay up later the other nights because I feel more creative then & can get layouts done with the kids in bed that I can't do when they're awake & asking me questions. My son, especially, doesn't like being on his own & loves to snuggle up with me whenever I try to sit down for a minute to relax or read or scrap.

keepscrappin likes this.