Do you ever... | pad patter 10.9.18

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Oct 9, 2018.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

stay up late on a week night when you know you really should go to bed and then wish you hadn't because you're gonna have to pay for it the next morning? Yep, I stayed up last night watching tv instead of going to bed like I know I should. I always seem to get sucked into a show and then have to keep watching it. I really need to have more self control and not start a show if it's after 9:30. My hubby teases me about this because I always fall into the trap. I either start a new show or another scrapbook page and end up staying up too late.

Luckily, I don't have to teach today, but I do have a to-do list a mile long so I can't just get DD off to school and go back to bed. As much as I'd love to go back to bed, I've got to force myself to adult today no matter how tired I am. Bills need paid, groceries need bought, dishes need washed, contractors need scheduled, bushes need trimmed and the list goes on and on.

How about you? Please tell me I'm not the only one who ever gets herself in this situation.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  2. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Pretty much every week night....ROFL

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

all the time!

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

It's funny you bring this up because I've been trying to go to bed at a decent time. It isn't always easy, as it seems everyone here can agree! Last night I was bad, but I'd been doing pretty well. I try to have the TV off by 10:30, so I guess I have a "no new show after 9:30" rule, too lol!
    [​IMG]

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Yes, but it's not usually TV shows. It's Facebook or it's the book that I'm reading.

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Kiss Bart -- and sometimes it is staying up late to read the forum :)

Cherylndesigns and keepscrappin like this.
  7. keepscrappin

I'm guilty of getting sucked into the forum and gallery as well.

8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I do it every night. I've always done that, even when I had to be at work at 7:30 am. Every morning, I vowed to go to bed early, but never did.

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

All the time. It's not like I get a great sleep anyway so I figure just stay up and watch shows til I'm ready to drop LOL.
    @keepscrappin Kayla...what did you stay up late to watch? I stayed up late on Sat and Sun night to watch Fear The Walking Dead and almost caught up. I have the season finale to watch but forced myself to turn it off so I could get a few hours of sleep. It caught up to me last night and I actually had a pretty decent sleep.

Sokee and keepscrappin like this.
  10. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Doesn’t everyone, at least once in a while? I stay up way too late at least once a week. Usually because I’m watching YouTube videos. Last time was Friday night when I wanted to finish blacking out my DSD Bingo card. My last two squares were scrapbook pages.

keepscrappin likes this.
  11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Almost every single night. I've been doing much better in the past few weeks since I got my new adjustable bed. Mostly because it calls to me . . . it's so comfy . . . and I'm having the best sleep I've had in years!

I just love staying up late and sleeping in. It's my jam. LOL

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I get sucked in to Instagram stories most every night when I go to bed and the next thing I know an hour or more has gone by :/

keepscrappin likes this.
  13. keepscrappin

I started out with an episode of Food Network's Haunted Gingerbread Showdown and then an episode of Halloween Baking Championship and then another and another until I ran out of episodes to watch. Good thing I ran out of episodes or I would have been up all night... hehe!

Sokee likes this.
  14. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I did this the other night with the final two episodes of Netflix's French "The Forest". I know I'm lost when there are only 3 episodes of a show left and I think I'll only watch one...:giggle

bellbird and keepscrappin like this.
  15. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

EVERY.SINGLE.NIGHT! ;) ;)

Like last night- Finally in bed at 11:15. Alarm off at 6:20. Ugh... [​IMG]

keepscrappin likes this.
  16. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Me too!

LOL. But I'm usually up late working. I do try to shut the computer off at 11 and get in bed shortly after.

keepscrappin and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  17. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

That's about the time we go to bed too!!!

keepscrappin likes this.
  18. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I set my DVR for my late night shows because my boxers wake me up at 4am...that comes very quickly. :cry

keepscrappin likes this.
  19. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Ugh! I do this all the time. there always seems to be one more thing I think I can get done quickly before bed and then it takes longer than I expect. THEN there's always reading to do before sleeping. :giggle

bellbird and keepscrappin like this.
  20. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

oh yep - you know what gets me, and i don't even know it when it's happening - they'll run say two episodes of something back to back and not put a normal ad break in between or skip the end credits of the first one and just launch into the next - we have been sucked into Law and Order and NCIS like this and we don't even watch those shows but once you see the start bit, you gotta know what happens! One night we got sucked into a Law and Order and watched it to the end only to have it end really abruptly and we were so confused at the end and like 'but what happened to her? and did he go to jail?' and then DH looked it up on IMDB or something and the stupid station had split a double episode finale for the series and they didn't play the second half til the following week (that is how sucked in we were, we waited a week for the finale of a show we don't watch!) Soooo - i totally get what you are saying Kayla, and i'm pretty much a zombie the next day, regardless of bedtimes, but i dont think the late tv or 'just one more chapter' thing helps!

keepscrappin likes this.