Do U Have A Blog?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bcgal00, Nov 28, 2016.

1. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

So I was thinking again this morning about wanting to blog more and I thought some of you might like these two resources.

1. Making Writing Prompts Personal from The Daily Post at Wordpress. The gist of it is that prompts are supposed to be inspiration. So if we think for a minute or two about a prompt, we will probably think of something that fits our own blog.

2. 365 Days of Writing Prompts, an ebook from The Daily Post at Wordpress. I actually downloaded this a whole year ago, thinking of using it in 2016. I didn't, but I'm thinking about it again! Or, I might follow The Daily Post prompts because there are lots of others currently following them. It's like when we speed scrap and like to compare our pages; it's fun to see how others respond to the same prompt. :)

2. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@michelepixels Michele.....love the daily prompts! I saved the link and will check that out more. I like the idea of sometimes taking a prompt to use for a post/image for the day. I know I couldn't do it every day but now and again it would be fun.

3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I keep thinking I could write every day. But then I spend three hours on a post like the one I just wrote today and realize, at least I can't spend 3 hours blogging every day!

4. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Well, I had good intentions a few years ago. But, I never really got it up & running. Apparently all I have on there is some 4th of July food.

http://jessalittlebit.com

5. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

6. Tronesia

Tronesia Tronesia

Your photos are gorgeous! What do you all use to follow blogs now? I usually sign up to the email notifications when it's an option.

7. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

Oh, I've really enjoyed looking at all of these! Rae @bcgal00 , your photography is amazing!

I've started following those of you who have e-mail follow as an option (don't have an rss feed anymore). @Tronesia , your theme is lovely! Love all of the white space. Courtney @bestcee, you do a great job with your documentation! Kuddos, lady! Monica @dailydwelling , I've been following you for a while and have totally been meaning to contact you. Let's chat sometime about it. I love your site.

I just launched a blog/website in October and having a blast with it. It's at http://www.graceincolor.com and really.brand.new. My biggest problem is that real life has gotten in my way of my online life lately. Silly real life :giggle . I do have big goals for 2017 so we'll see!

bestcee likes this.
  8. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

@jenevang I would love to chat blogging with you! I love your new website!!! I'm excited to see what you have up your sleeve for 2017! ;)

jenevang likes this.
  9. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@Tronesia I have a blog tab in my favorites bar and inside that is a folder for TLP with all the links of the TLP members I am following, renamed as TLP-member name. That way I have them altogether and its easy enough to click each and see if anything new is added.

@jenevang Jen, got you saved in my favorites now and can follow you. I am enjoying my personal photography again so much, and it makes me glad I have mostly given up the photog biz to focus on my own stuff. I can't wait to start playing around again with macro and lensbaby photos.

I'm not happy with the size of my photos though but am not savy enough to know how to tweak it, if it is possible. I pay for my site and choose a template from weebly so not sure if I can change any settings. I'll have to look into that. I would like my photos to be a tiny big bigger if possible. So, at some point, I'll have to look into that. I am happy though with weebly's drag and drop kind of blog design, very easy to use.

bestcee likes this.
  10. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

I started my blog back up again last night (when insomnia kicked in @ 2:30AM!) - it's pretty lame right now, but will add more to it soon and then *attempt* to keep it up to date.

http://jillwscraps.blogspot.com/?view=classic

I'll go back and catch everyone that posted here and add them to my faves like Rae did :-)

11. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

One goal I have for this year on my blog is to have a "Scrapbook Saturday" link up on Saturdays. It's a regular post that I usually do and post the scrapbook pages I've created each week with credits. I'm thinking about starting the link up this coming Saturday and would love for you all to join in! I'd also love to hear if you were actually interested in participating in a weekly link-up like this. It would be a great way to visit each other's blogs and build a community. :)

JillW likes this.
  12. carrottop

carrottop Member

Dailydwelling (sorry...what is your first name)? Your idea sounds great...I would love to be part of a blog link up. I'm trying to be more consistent with my blogging as well. Here's a link to my blog:http://common-sense-scrapbooking.blogspot.com/

I feel so disconnected from the scrapping community lately, so I'm trying to get back to posting on message boards. The last couple of years have been a little hairy for me, so I'm just now able to start being chatty again.

Also, I just added everyone who posted a link to my blog feed, so I am following you guys.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    JillW and dailydwelling like this.
  13. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

I have a food and craft blog at Peonies & Pears. It a work in progress. Like Grace, I started mine on my birthday . . . there must be something to that! So amazing creativity from this group . . . I've spent the last hour exploring them all!

JillW likes this.
  14. bluerose

bluerose Member

15. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I used to blog, loved it, as a matter of fact it was a blogger who showed me scrapbooking, but after I found scrapping.... the blog lost appeal, plus now I have so much trouble composing sentences and reading... I don't think I can manage...will try have a look at your though Rae!!!!

16. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Rae, you do have lovely photos. I'd like a day or two of snow! I'm still waffling on how much time I want to spend on the blog or how deep I want to go with it. I've had themes for the days, PL on Monday, Travel on Tuesday, Wordless Wednesday, TBT Thursday (which has been great in getting me to write out the story of photos I'm scanning as the basis for scrapbook pages), and 5 on Friday which has bogged down as I've not found 5 interesting things some weeks. That says more about me and some blog boredom I fear. But here's my link which I forgot to add first time round here.
    http://cookingmylife.blogspot.com