Do U Have A Blog?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bcgal00, Nov 28, 2016.

1. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Do any of you have a blog? Before I was a photographer, I used to have a personal blog where I shared photos, recipes, scrap stuff...whatever. I gave that up for a business blog, years ago. I've recently decided to take a break or may even retire altogether from my photography biz altogether and just want to slow down, enjoy my time, do what makes me happy. I am excited to go back to having a blog about stuff that interests me, share candids, macros and everyday life photos. I'll share lots of recipes and food photos too. I go on photo-walks with a few local groups so I'll enjoy sharing some of those photos too. There's a link to my yearly digital gallery and will blog about some of my digi stuff too but won't overwhelm the blog with it. I'm just getting started with it but am looking forward to having a personal blog again.

My blog is www.bcgal.ca

Do you have a blog? Want to share the url here so we can visit your blog?

Ga_L, jesskab and Juliestcyr like this.
  2. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I'll have to check it out! And no, no blog for me. Never had one, never plan on doing one.

3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

LOL! This made me giggle.... FB is like a blog of fluff, here is a "blog" of creations and my old real blog is gathering dust. Pinterest became the "blog of layouts and tutorial links! I think my last blog post was a giveaway for RadLab in 2013.

Here is the old link: The Typative Scrapper. There are a bunch of old tutorials, and a fattening recipe. :P

jesskab likes this.
  4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I have one. I've been way too sporadic about it lately. My 2017 goal is to get back to it. Because I love looking at my old posts, and seeing the slice of life. Plus, it helps with journaling those older photos so much!! I do share my scrappy pages on it, but I'm trying to be more personal about it when I do.

https://themuirfamily.wordpress.com/

5. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

I had one that I used to keep up with when I was a paper scrapper, but I more or less let it go when I retired from paper creative teams a couple of years ago. I've revived it once or twice when I felt like sharing something or when I went to a trade show, but, other than that, I mostly just post on Instagram these days to share (and even that is sporadic).

6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I have one and currently just keep it updated once a week or so with new digiscrap stuff. Like Courtney, one of my goals for 2017 is to not be so sporadic about it and also posting more than just layouts.

https://intensemagiccreates.com/

7. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

It's there but it hasn't had any attention for a long time. Every once in awhile I think I want to start it up again, but then again I don't even make the effort to post on FB or instagram so who am I kidding?

Good luck with getting back to yours Rae! I think that doing things for you & making yourself happy is a beautiful idea! I'm excited to see you photographing more of what you love. :beat

jenevang and jk703 like this.
  8. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I have one but after 8 years I'm not sure I want to do much with it anymore. December is going to be some serious thinking on what stuff I want to keep in my life or let go.

I only scan FB once a day or every other day - mainly for two of my children, my Twitter is dormant, I was enjoying IG for a while but that too has lost a lot of interest for me etc etc I really don't want to go to any of those sites just to see product sales, that's for sure!

9. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

I used to, but I just couldn't keep up with it. Pre-pinterest. I posted daily ideas that I found around the web to my blog. Once Pinterest came out, that ship sailed.

10. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

My Carefully Crafted Story

Well, I regularly post on mine, but it's really a gallery of my layouts and videos. Earlier in the year, in March, I was really great about describing events in the layout or thoughts about it, but then, just back to posting the image/credits/video. LOL There have been so many open galleries that have closed, and I'm grateful that I still have my images available.

I think I'll try again to be more purposeful about using it to create a more meaningful blog for me and my family when the new year begins, or while I'm doing DYD.

11. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

I do have a blog and I love blogging so much! My blog is: DailyDwelling. I've blogged there for almost ten years now and I'm still pretty consistent!

I'm excited to check out your blogs!

For those of you that want to make blogging a goal for the new year, I would love to encourage you in that somehow...maybe we can do a weekly link up to share favorite posts of the week or something like that. I think it's such a great way to just share life and build a community of people. :)

Rikki likes this.
  12. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I have one but don't think I've posted there in two years! :eyeroll

13. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Just posted today on my blog and set it up so it automatically sends it to my FB page. So easy. I also like that with weebly its a drag and drop format and I don't need to resize anything. Took me about 2 minutes to post this morning. I think I'm going to enjoy this.
    @IntenseMagic @dailydwelling Jan and Monica...now following your blogs so keep posting :)

dailydwelling likes this.
  14. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I just figured out I can pin my post too to my pinterest board so if I'm looking for a post it'll be easier to find it through the pinterest board. I'm feeling very productive today :)

15. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I do! I've been blogging inconsistently for over a decade! :D

https://michelekendzie.wordpress.com

Understandably, my blog has evolved over the years. In the beginning I wrote a lot about parenting (cosleeping, homeschooling, etc). Then I started sharing my scrapbook pages. Then I got serious about photography. For about a year and a half I had a "professional" photography self-hosted blog, separate from my personal blog, but when I dropped that I copied those posts back to my personal blog. It still hasn't recovered from that mess, though you might not notice it buried down under all the newer posts. For the past year I've mostly been just sharing photos and scrapbook pages, but I would like to write about other things more. I've been thinking about doing a new kind of Project 365 -- now that I'm about to finally complete my first "perfect" photography Project 365 (after trying 6 years) -- in which I post something daily on my blog. Not sure though . . .

16. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Following you now Michele.

17. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

18. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

I have a blog that I try to update but it´s kinda sporadic. Like some of you mention here I aim to be a better blogger in 2017 and at least make an update every week. Here it is if anyone wanna check it out:

Carina´s Creative Mess

19. Tronesia

Tronesia Tronesia

I have a blog. It is a bit of side hobby of mine. I like to make it over each year. Something about playing around with the coding is fun. The current design is one I worked on for months. I post my scrapbook pages there and about my family...a few other things sprinkled in there too.

http://tronesia.com

20. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Following you all now, have put your blogs in my faves and can check them regularly now. I will have snowy pics this wkend probably for my blog, we have a snow storm coming. I'm hoping the roads will be safe enough for me to do a morning hike on Saturday morning.