Direct sales, which are your favs?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by renee82, Jul 2, 2016.

1. renee82

renee82 renee82

Kristina's post got me thinking... with the plethora of direct sales options out there, which are your favs? Which have you bought? Do you recommend any? Do you sell for someone? I'm just curious as to what's out there.

I have bought from numerous companies in the past. I have also had a few "parties". I myself sell Epicure which is a Canadian based company that specializes in spices and other food related items. I love their products and that's why I became a consultant 6 years ago.

That being said I have bought from:

Scentsy (wax scents), Lia Sophia (jewellery), Tupperware, Silver Icing (clothing), Thirty One, Pampered Chef and Rodan and Fields (skin care).

I've had a Scentsy party and Tupperware party at my home. I also have had a Silver Icing online party.

My favs are definitely Epicure, Tupperware, Silver Icing and Rodan and Fields. Rodans and Fields is my most recent fav. Although a little pricey, the quality and results are simply amazing and I will never go back. lol!

2. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Current Favorites... Jamberries (nail wraps), thirty one (purses/storage), Usborne (kids books), pure romance...

Others I've attended: origami owl (jewelry), scentsy and party lite (candles/wax), norwex (cleaning), Mary kay, Avon, pampered chef, tastefully simple... I'm sure there've been others! Lol.

I personally have sold Mary Kay and Avon in the past, and will be an Usborne "consultant" (for personal use) starting in August

It apparently runs in my family. My mom sold Avon for a while, my grandmother sold avon, and amway.

3. ktr97230

ktr97230 New Member

Rodan + Fields ... total game changer! Phenomenal products!

renee82 likes this.
  4. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

Which have I sold --- years and years ago Creative Memories! I found that I HATE selling! But, they were the best scrapbooking products at the time and I continued to use them even after I stopped being a consultant.

What have I bought in the past -- Mary Kay, Jamberries, Norwex, Thirty One, Pampered Chef, Tupperware, Usborne Books

Currently using -- Rodan & Fields

renee82 likes this.
  5. StarryEyedDesigns

StarryEyedDesigns My goal, is to make a goal

Scentsy and Perfectly Posh. I used to love Tupperware, and attempted to sell it. Unfortunately, I was my best customer...lol

jesskab and klee73010 like this.
  6. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I have never hosted a party nor sold any of these products. Years ago however, I did buy some Avon things, mainly the Skin So Soft (oil?) that my son and some of his other fellow National Guard members used as insect repellent esp when they went down to SC or LA swamps. Most of my Tupperware came from Goodwill stores or similar charity stores as I only went to a co-workers parties just to let her fill her guest list.

Lindzee likes this.
  7. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Jamberry & Pampered Chef are the only ones I frequently go back to.

8. mommy2boyz

mommy2boyz This closet isn't big enough for my boots

I am a Rodan and Fields consultant. I used the products first and was amazed by their effectiveness. I'm happy to hear that you love the products too! I also like Stella and Dot jewelry.

A lot of people use Young Living essential oils. I do use oils, but I purchase from Plant Therapy. They are not a direct sell company, but a family company. About half the price of direct sell oils, the quality is just as good and they have certified aromatherapist (most with master's degrees) on staff to answer questions and really stress SAFE use of oils. But I have many friends and family who use YL and really like the products.

9. renee82

renee82 renee82

Wow! So many Rodan and Fields users! Such an amazing product!

10. ~Mary

~Mary Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth

My two current addictions are Jamberry (fingernail wraps) and LuLaRoe (super comfy clothing). I was an Avon lady until my daughter signed up for Jamberry. I hostess online Jamberry FB parties often - I have one going on this month. Love the benefits! Avon has some of the only skin care items I am not allergic to. I've been a consultant/demo for both Stampin' Up! and Close To My Heart. I love Tupperware and Pampered Chef. I'm having an Usborne online FB party on the 12th - love their books for my grandbabies. Hubby is seriously pushing for me to sell LuLaRoe. I might do it if we end up closer to my daughter later this year. I'm the type of person who gives everything away and she has a degree in business. I don't want to start another business without her guidance and help. I've heard a lot of good things about Rodan and Fields but I am allergic. I have very, very sensitive skin!

I lo-o-ove to shop online so if you ever have any online parties be sure to invite me! (Except Jamberry - I only buy from my daughter.)

klee73010 likes this.
  11. StarryEyedDesigns

StarryEyedDesigns My goal, is to make a goal

What is Rodan & Fields?

Lindzee likes this.
  12. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

None. I like the pleasure of searching and comparing at my own pace. I always feel obligated if I know the person selling and I am usually disappointed in the product. I have a 19.00 mandolin I picked up at some bargain basement that totally out slices my pampered chef one I feel like I paid a fortune for. I'll look, but don't try to "sell" me.

cfile likes this.
  13. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I too feel obligated at those parties... I have never hosted nor will I ever host one as I do not want anyone else feeling obligated. I have bought from Pampered Chef - (most things like pie plate, pizza peel I bought and never use) ..I do love the cutting boards and kitchen tools like the "flippers" and the can opener and such for pampered chef. I stopped purchasing PC items as I have enough kitchen stuff. Tupperware - back in the 1980's... I have a few items left... my favorite item is the orange peeler that I got from the hostess for winning one of the games, but that was one of the best things ever! Mary Kay I loved have not bought in years.. Also Princess House which was crystal glassware only bought to help out a friend, but dislike this kind of stuff. Avon I have gazillions of stuff... no longer use a rep as there is a store I can go when I am running low of my perfume. No longer wear much makeup since retiring. I did buy a sensy Stuffed lamb with the sensy pellets. Bought that when someone at work had a book party. I no longer buy any of that stuff, except like I said Avon, and now I will go to the store. Growing up my parents sold Amway and always loved their cleaning products. After they stopped selling they still used it buying it from the distributor. The last of the Amway laundry soap was left when my brother & I sold Dad's house after his passing.

I don't even want to know all the money I spent over the years at these things.. wow.

Lindzee likes this.
  14. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

@cfile I too am another recipient of one of those orange peelers! It's become my current husband's tool so I'm glad I never threw it out!

cfile likes this.
  15. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Skin care products

16. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

@cfile - we are so on the same page!

Please do not try to sell me and I will not try to sell you. If you have a great product - send me some links to prove it.

cfile likes this.
  17. ~Mary

~Mary Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth

I must be the exception to the rule. I actually use what I buy - I wear Jamberries on my toes and their gel polish on my fingernails. I wear LuLaRoe everywhere I go. If I don't use something I don't buy it.

I never feel obligated to buy. I either say I can't afford it or don't want it. I never feel like anyone else is obligated to buy when I hostess, either. I'm providing an opportunity only - if you want it. I don't harbor feelings of disappointment when people don't. I tend to be brutally honest and those who know me already know this I guess!

enjoyyourpix and klee73010 like this.
  18. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Exactly!!! No swamp land in Florida or the Brooklyn Bridge either @Lindzee :)

Lindzee likes this.