Digital Art Therapy

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by DisneyMom, Feb 15, 2022.

1. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

I think my last gallery post here was in the 2019. It was at that time I took on the new adventure of starting my own business and I've had great success with it, however it took away that precious time I used for digital scrapbooking.

My life came to a crashing halt last month when I was diagnosed with Invasive Ductal Carcinoma (Breast Cancer). I've just finished my 2nd round of Chemotherapy and finding myself turning once again to scrapbooking to help me through this time. Back in 2018/2019 I was just beginning to experiment with Art Journaling here at the Lilypad and I'm going to try and dust off those skills to help me on my Journey to fight this cancer.

I look forward to reconnecting with old scrapbook friends and meeting all the new faces here.

2. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

Welcome back to scrapbooking and to TLP. May you find solace and perspective in the creative outlet that art journaling can provide. Sending you hugs and healing thoughts.

DisneyMom likes this.
  3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Welcome back, Michelle! I'm rooting for you and your fight against Breast Cancer! I hope the treatments go well and you are surrounded by support! I hope that AJ gives you a great outlet too. I remember you from your "head" in your signature. I think that was an MOC challenge, and the Disney Ears were clever!

4. DisneyMom

Thank you and yes that was a MOC challenge in 2019.

5. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Welcome back. Big hugs and healing vibes on your journey with breast cancer. Hopefully the art journal therapy will ease your thoughts a bit.

DisneyMom likes this.
  6. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@DisneyMom

Hi Michelle! I'm so glad to see you here with us again.

I was diagnosed with invasive ductal carcinoma at the very end of June 2020. Scrapbooking has definitely helped me sort through my feelings. I know it can help you do the same. Don't hesitate to send me a private convo if you need to chat. ((HUGS))

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

7. DisneyMom

Thank you Cheryl. I'm glad to be back scrapbooking again, it's been way too long. Although I wish the circumstances that brought me back were different. Sorry to hear you have gone through the same thing as I am now, I will reach out when I need to chat - Thank you.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  8. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I wish it were under different circumstances as well. I hope you find inspiration and support here!

DisneyMom likes this.
  9. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

Hi Michelle,

Thinking all the positive thoughts for your health and wellbeing, welcome back to the Pad.

Creating is such a therapy isn't it, please let us know if there's anything at all you need! I have lots of experience with Mixed Media and AJ scrapping etc. :beat

DisneyMom likes this.
  10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Welcome back, Michelle. I'm sending you lots of cyber hugs and good vibes as you go through your journey. I KNOW that Art Journaling has helped me very much and I look forward to seeing your pages. :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

DisneyMom likes this.
  11. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Welcome back Michelle. I hope you cope well with the treatments and come out of this with good health.
    Digital therapy definitely helps with our emotional struggles.

DisneyMom likes this.
  12. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Welcome back. :) I hope scrapping gives you the outlet you need while you're kicking that cancer to the curb! ((((hugs))))

DisneyMom likes this.
  13. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Welcome back Michelle. Glad you are scrapping with us. We are here for you in thoughts and prayers too as you beat this.

DisneyMom likes this.
  14. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

Happy to see you back! And the Art Journaling forum will be back up & ready to go with new challenge inspiration in March too!

DisneyMom likes this.
  15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Welcome back! Sure wish it was under different circumstances, but I really hope that the art journaling can help you process all the feelings that I'm sure you're going through right now!

DisneyMom likes this.
  16. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Welcome back! I'm sorry you are going through this. Hoping scrapping will help.

DisneyMom likes this.
  17. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

Welcome back to The Pad, Michele. Sending love and lots of positive thoughts to you. :beat

DisneyMom likes this.
  18. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Welcome back to the Lilypad, Michelle! So sorry you are going through this.

DisneyMom likes this.
  19. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

It’s so nice to see you again. Sending healing ❤️thoughts your way.

DisneyMom likes this.