Digi-Scrap Party!?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by ShannaNoel, Apr 17, 2010.

1. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

I am having a couple ladies over tomorrow night to talk about our little hobby here! :)
    Just a couple gal pals wanting to learn a couple tricks of the trade.
    Anywho I was just wondering if any of you ladies have done anything like this and what you all did?

I cant wait to spread the love! :beat

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  2. eryn

eryn gross no longer

ooohhh so fun!! I have a few people who want me to teach them about it but I never thought of having them all over at once! If yours goes well I may copy you!! hee hee!

my only suggestion is snacks! Chocolate will make anything go well!

oh and don't overwhelm them. Just show the basics and then show examples of more difficult stuff without going through the process.

3. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

Great point Eryn! They are photographers so I am lucky they already know PS and have an artistic eye!

4. tania

tania Clap Hands, Save Fairies

Sounds fun! Are they bringing laptops? Doing always helps people retain info, and have them get something finished, once they do one layout, from start to finish, they'll probably want to do more.

5. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

yep they are bringing laptops, appetizers and coming in PJs!
    Thanks you girls are the best!
    Great idea to have them finish a LO!

6. eryn

eryn gross no longer

oh cool that would be so much fun!! Get them all a freebie kit and go through a first LO. Then go on a shopping spree! lol

7. Kelleanne

Kelleanne The One with Unagi

I would LOVE the opportunity to convert someone. LOL
    I am sure you're gonna have a blast!

8. talktoheather

talktoheather The 102nd Dalmatian.

oooo. that sounds like so much fun!

I've done a couple things up at work. One day i invited all of my scrapbook girls to come in at the same time and we all sat around the table and scrapped. It was the easiest three hours at work ever. When two of them needed help, i could help one and the others could help the other one. They showed off their pages to each other, got feedback, and became friends.

I am trying to put something together for NSD. Probably more of a workshop for newbies. I figured it would be a great day to get them into it all since some stores may have some sales.

So it's not a party party. But we make it a party.

I sure do hope you scrap a page about it!!!

9. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

How fun! I have taught a few IRL friends to digiscrap. The big thing that I learned was to take a few minutes to share a wide variety of pages with them before we started, not just my own. As you know, there's such a huuuuge range of what is covered by the term digital scrapbooking. I wanted to make sure they had a sense of what could be done beyond my own style. Does that make sense? You might let them surf through the gallery here or over at gallerystandouts.com.

Have a great night. I'm sure you'll be a wonderful and enthusiastic teacher. :)

10. melrio

melrio I will hunt you!

Since its digiscrap and if you have wifi.....maybe you could bring them in here and 'chat' with the rest of us. Let us know what time....I'll bet some of us could be online.

11. mlpieters

mlpieters the princess of PINK

how much fun is that? i should do something like that.

12. my3hens

my3hens Is only good for one thing....

That does sound like a ton of fun! Can I come?? LOL!

13. Paula

Paula Kicks Challenge Butt!

Every second Saturday of the month, several ladies from my church and I get together and do craft day. Well, the last few months, it's been digi scrap day because that's what they all have been bringing to do. We all bring snacks and we start at 11:00 and we end when we're tired. LMAO Sometimes we end at 2:00 and sometimes we end at 4:00. I think it just depends on what we're all working on and other commitments for the day. It is SO fun and I look forward to it every month.

14. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

Oh what fun!! Hope it's a wild success!

15. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

Sounds like a blast Shanna. I've only tried to teach a few people...but I think I'm just not a good teacher. I honestly think I overwhelmed them. We used freebie templates and had them download a freebie kit from SP...but I just did something wrong. I tried to have them have their photos chosen ahead of time, but they chose some that were just not scrapable. With your friends being photographers, maybe that will be easier.

Whatever you end up doing, keep it really really simple!!

16. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

thank you ladies you are the BESTEST!!!!!! WONDERFUL ideas!!!

17. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

I think that sounds like so much fun!! I have only taught people one on one, but a party sounds great! I usually go the template and freebie route as well and help walk them through it. Then, answer questions as they have them. Also, like someone else said, don't get too detailed at first, b/c they might not retain it and just get overwhelmed.!

Have fuN!

18. oh fun!! Good luck you! I Am an awful teacher! I tried to teach my mom but she couldn't retain any of it LOL I even had an entire tutorial for her written down like step by step and she would still mess it up. I got way too frustrated LOL

19. heatherbird

heatherbird The United States of Heather

This sounds SO fun!!! I wish I had some girlfriends around, I would totally be into this! All of my friends live far away. :( Or in my computer. LOL.

20. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

well that sounds like a recipe for success!! all of my favorite things wrapped up into one evening!! :beat