Designers with 8-1/2' x 11" sized templates?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by QuiltyMom, Jan 1, 2021.

1. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I'm thinking of doing an 8-1/2" x 11" sized project (LS size?), but I can't seem to find how to search for that sized template in the store. Is there an easy way to look for them? And, are there designers that sell them, too? Thanks!! :bk

2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

There are a few ways to find them.
    I know Lynn Grieveson does 8.5 x 11 on some of her template sets. If you check the description, like on this set, you'll see "Lettersize (8.5 x 11) versions are also provided - look for the download with LS in the filename".

[​IMG]

You can search the store for "8.5 x 11" by it does bring up pocket cards too, and is a little messy.
    If you narrow it down to 8.5 x 11 in titles and descriptions only, there's a good amount of options like this one:
    [​IMG]
    (On this one, make sure you choose the size before you check out.)

If you check the "Templates Hybrid" in the store, you'll get more range of sizes outside of 12x12. This is also a little messy since it includes sizes like 4x8, and not all of the 8.5x11 are listed here.

In the advanced search, Paislee Press tends to put 8.5 in her titles, like this one.
    [​IMG]

I know @ArmyGrl scraps 8.5" x 11" primarily, so she may have some good ideas for finding letter size templates.

keepscrappin, Dalis and QuiltyMom like this.
  3. QuiltyMom

@bestcee Thank you so much, Courtney! I've been trying all sorts of searches but with no luck. I'll try your suggestions and check out ArmyGrl's pages for inspiration! xoxo!!

bestcee likes this.
  4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Lynn has a lot of them Jan. Her store is a great place to start!

QuiltyMom likes this.
  5. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

@QuiltyMom Rachel Jefferies has a lot of templates that are close to 8.5x11. Her 9x12 are easily modified to to fit 8.5x11. Below are a few examples.

Elizabeth Templates
    Jephson Templates
    This is Now
    Pocket

I am not much a template user; but when a challenge requires a template or I need to fulfill CT duties, I drop the PNG version into Photoshop. I "select all" then drop and drag.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  6. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

NBK Design offers various sizes for her templates. She also has some in .page format (you use artisan, right?).
    I'm on my phone now and can't post links...

keepscrappin and QuiltyMom like this.
  7. NBK-Design

NBK-Design Designer

These Templates come up within the next week.
    But I have also Tons of different ones released. nbk-EP-Editorial-9x12-Clean.jpg nbk-EP-PP2021-9x12-Clean.jpg nbk-EP-TP2021-Artsy-8,5x11.jpg nbk-EP-TP2021-Clean-8,5x11.jpg

8. NBK-Design

NBK-Design Designer

here you can find most of my released Templates
    Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-02 um 00.30.02.jpg Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-02 um 00.30.13.jpg Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-02 um 00.30.28.jpg Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-02 um 00.30.40.jpg Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-02 um 00.30.53.jpg

9. QuiltyMom

Oh, thank you!!

Thanks! Yes, I'm an artisan user for the time being. I'm going to switch to PSE21 as soon as I can figure it out. I'm done trying to get A5 to work properly.

Thank you so much!!! This is really a big help!

10. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

@QuiltyMom Nicole's templates are really cool! I love her artsy ones so much!

I was thinking that sometimes I grab 8.5x11 and just grab all the items and move them to a 12x12, so maybe you can do the same the other way around.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  11. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I scrapped 8.5x11 for years before switching to 12x12, and the lack of templates was frustrating. Unfortunately, I think that's still true. But it's very easy to alter some templates to work for 8.5x11. Just choose 12x12's that have their design toward the center or toward one side, with white space around it. Crop to square (to get rid of elements that hang off the edges--some designers do this for you and others don't), resize to 3300 px by 3300 px, and crop to 8.5x11.

As far as templates in the store, I used to use Valorie Wibben's 8.5x11 templates all the time. I don't think she has a consistent way of naming this size, so you just need to look through her template section to find them. Here are a few, but she has more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

QuiltyMom and keepscrappin like this.
  12. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I did 8.5 x 11 when I first started digital and moved layers and resisized templates all the time. I take my 12x12 layouts and resize to 11x8.5 for my calendar each year. But I haven’t made a 2021 calender yet... been too busy with my remodel that is still dragging on... ugh. I really should look at working on a calendar now though while Shutterfly has a deal.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  13. QuiltyMom

Yeah, I thought of that. I'm just being lazy! lol!!! And Nichole's templates are very fun. I enjoyed looking through her store yesterday. I've a few sets on my wish list!

Oh, those are fun templates with lots of photo spaces. I'm going to make a P365/Sewing & Craft Journal with this size so I'll be needing lots of space to document everything. I have a feeling I'll be re-doing some of the pages as I go along to get a flow that I like. But I'm thinking that templates like these, and those of Nichole's, will work well!

Ugh. I'm so sorry the remodel is dragging on. We just had a few things to complete in ours when the initial shutdown happened in March and we had to wait 4 months until they could come back to complete it. I hope yours gets done fast!

rach3975, Dalis and keepscrappin like this.
  14. LynnG

LynnG Designer

lgrieveson_design_story_tp_3_preview.jpg lgrieveson_design-story1-tp_preview.jpg lgrieveson_designstory2-tp_preview.jpg lgrieveson_honeycombed_preview_LS.jpg Lgrieveson_messy_pockets_boxed_3_preview.jpg lgrieveson_tearing_along_tp_prev_LS.jpg lgrieveson_see_this_2_tp_prev_LS.jpg lgrieveson_messy_gridded_4_tp_LS.jpg Hi! I have switched formats for my own albums AND since the start of this year, most of my templates come in both sizes, as do my Design Story templates ... hint: Do an advanced search for designer: Lynn Grieveson and keyword "lettersize" ;-)

Here's a sample: