Designer Favorites Question

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by LoveItScrapIt, Mar 3, 2019.

1. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

So inquiring minds want to know do the designers have favorite designers?
    We gush all the time about who's our favorite designer week in and week out, but I've always wondered do you designers have faves?!

AllisonPennington, cfile and A-M like this.
  2. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

VERY interested to hear the answers!

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  3. vinniepearce

vinniepearce Well-Known Member

Fun question, thanks for asking :wubb

I have a lot of favorites. But my top (close to my heart never fail to take my breath away) digi designers would be Jen Wilson (retired), Pasilee Press & Mindy Terasawa.

Oh goodness and Sahlin Studio & Rachel Jefferies make my heart beat faster too these days.

4. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

Oh I am SO inspired by so many designers. And for very different reasons...some inspire me because their creativity is so different from my own and I love their energy and art, some inspire me with their illustrative work, some inspire me because of their use of color and pattern, some inspire me because of their design aesthetic. I don't really like to use the word "favorite" for that reason I suppose because there is so much that inspires me.

But the ones who have long resonated with the Story in my heart and whose designs "fit" me and my personal aesthetic for my own memory keeping are Liz (Paislee Press), Peppermint (One Little Bird), and Krista (Sahlin Studio). I also love Becca Bonneville's illustrations, I love everything Allison Pennington touches. I love the beautiful simple beauty of Elif and Sabrina and Soco. I love the quirk of Valorie Wibbens. And, and, and....

What I do know for sure is that I feel SO blessed to live here and call this place my creative home, and these designers my family. It's such a beautiful, storyful, kind place to live. :beat

5. LoveItScrapIt

Love this answer!!! :heartslub

6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

What a great question! :) I love hearing these answers!

7. vinniepearce

vinniepearce Well-Known Member

Amen!

8. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I regularly gush over TLP Designers in my Watch Cheryl Scrap LIVE! sessions. I do have designers that I gravitate towards because of my scrapping style, but I honestly try to create with ALL the designers here and I've found new loves and obsessions. LOL

To answer your question, out of all the designers, I think my fave is @ForeverJoy Designs because to create with her designs is essentially effortless for me. I just open up the kit and just let the process happen. To be fair, I was on her CT long before she was a designer here, and before I came here as a designer myself, so I have a long history of creating for her, and I'm delighted to design alongside her now.

I'm also partial in my heart to my fellow designers that came here with me to TLP - Bella Gypsy, Kristin Aagard, and Scrapping With Liz. Etc by Danyale was my neighbor for long years and has designed at three stores alongside me. I've met all of them in person and love them for the people they are in addition to the designs they create.

So now that I've named my favorites, I shall honestly say that The Lilypad really has such a great range of excellent designs, both in quality and in uniqueness, that I can scrap with any designer's products.

9. LoveItScrapIt

Love this answer!!!!