Design Request: I'm thankful for ... postcards (to send to our representatives)

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Tiff, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Tiff

Tiff I don't need no stinking playlists!

Hi, I have a friend who suggested a "I am thankful for..." exercise at Thanksgiving: we could write postcards to our Representatives, expressing our appreciation for the work they do on our behalf.

I was wondering if any designers would be willing to design a Thanksgiving postcard printable and also be willing to share them with people who would like to do this exercise? I'd be willing to put together something myself with my scrapbooking supplies, but since I want to share the designs for other people to print, I'm not sure if that is ok with terms of use. I'd also be willing to pay a fee for the designer's time.

I found a link that describes the size of postcards: http://pe.usps.com/qsg_archive/html/qsg_archive_20110102/qsg300/q201.htm
    I'm actually thinking that a 4x6 card might work best, and could be printed at Costco really easily and inexpensively.

I'm not really friends with many of the designers on Facebook, but I've seen a few political-like posts from a couple of designers (@AllisonPennington , @Lena Gardner ) Not sure if any designers might be keen on this idea, but still thought I'd ask.

EDIT:
    Looking back at my friend's idea, it's not so much thanking our representative for their work, as asking them to continue to stand up for those that are vulnerable. If anyone is interested in doing this yourself, here is one of the suggested passages my friend wrote:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
    scrapsandsass, jenn mccabe and Mylinn like this.
  2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

what a neat idea!

3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I'd be willing to do a free template, but it sounds like you want premade postcards for printing and mailing (which is totally cool LOL). If you decide you want a template made, let me know!

And I sent you a friend request on Facebook! :)

4. Tiff

Thanks Cheryl. I think I'm looking for a 4x6 card with a pretty illustration or wordart, kinda like a filler card, with permission to share it with others.

I think if I print at Costco, the back of the photo print is fairly blank to write in message and address. I've done that before.

I accepted your request
    @gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind likes this.
  5. gonewiththewind

@Tiff If none of the other designers responds regarding making a postcard, I can certainly mock something up. :)

6. Tiff

@gonewiththewind
    I just made this one up with one of Allison's cards that I bought, and I changed it into 4x6 instead of 3x4. I know it is OK for me to go and print as many of these as I want to share with my family, but I don't think I would be allowed to share the file with other people to print for themselves, without getting permission.

card.jpg

7. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

vista print used to have insanely low prices on postcards - but you had to get like 1k or one photo (printed text on back side if you entered some)

Tiff likes this.
  8. gonewiththewind

You should ask Allison directly! She'll let you know! @AllisonPennington

9. Tiff

I looked again at my friend's post, and her idea was not so much to thank our representatives, but to use a Thankful postcard as a means to encourage our representatives to stand up for minorities. In the top post, I copied one of my friend's passages. Feel free to use this passage if you decide to write to your representatives. Thanks, everyone!

scrapsandsass likes this.