Describe Your Scrappy Space

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by bcgal00, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Here's my messy little space. I don't have a computer desk anymore, I sit at the dining table, which is hardly ever used as a dining table, more as a giant craft table. It makes it a lot easier to keep an eye on the children in the living room.
    Left to right, I have:
    my camera -- my World of Warcraft cookbook -- washi tape (I always have washi tape with me, it is SO useful!) -- watercolour paints and brushes -- a little calendar stand with notepaper that my aunt made for me -- my pen -- a $2 coin -- a coaster -- Bellamy's dummy -- my Italian notes (learning it with Melody for fun) -- fit bit charger -- my lovely Alienware Gaming Laptop -- Cricut -- Sims4 mouse

Across the other side of the table is my sewing machine and my sister's overlocker so she can make dresses!

[​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I love this thread so much! I love getting a peek into where everyone scraps and I love that so many others have other crafty adventures going on in the same spaces too! It lets me be a little nosy. :giggle

3. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Right lol

4. chastml

chastml Shock me, Sinead O'Rebellion

My crafty stuff is stored all over the house. I have my computer desk in the corner of the dining room. I have a bookshelf, a desk and a dresser full of craft/art supplies on 3 of the 4 walls in my bedroom. I might have a slight problem.... so, no photos, because I don't want to admit to how much space I take up with my hobbies.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  5. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

Here is my office. When we moved to this house, we didn't have any kids and I had the "office" room all to myself. When my daughter was born, she got the guest bedroom as her room and then when my son was born, he took my office. So, we took our ridiculously long rectangle of a master bedroom and put a 3/4 wall up to make me an office. It's cheerful and cozy and has lots of light so I love it. I am thinking about changing the wall color which was supposed to be more of a white-washed tuscan gold but is obviously brighter than that (although not quite as bright IRL as in the photo). I have my toy camera collection behind my desk and that always makes me happy. It's a little messier than usual at the moment since some Christmas things are still looking for a home. :D
    [​IMG]

BevG likes this.
  6. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Because I can't really sit at a desk for very long, I have a nice recliner sitting in the family room. I have a portable lap desk that fits my laptop and mouse. I can watch TV, talk to anyone who might be there, watch the birdfeeder, and not miss anything going one. Works perfectly for me.

BevG likes this.
  7. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I have dual monitors on a desktop in the back office. I spend all day most days in that room because I also work from home in that room, on a drafting table right next to the desk top. Then, hubby and I fight...er...take turns... with the desktop at night. He likes to play his computer games, but since he started classes again Monday, he only gets to play if he finished the evening's homework/studying. But because I'm on the computer all day, switching between work and play, I usually have to give in to him. Wah wah.

A layout about my space:

8. MiekSter

MiekSter We only regret the chances we didn't take

I love to see all of your spaces! I'm so jealous of all the ladies with a desk...
    Since the house is filled with kids I don't have space for a desk, I scrap on the corner of my couch on my tiny laptop...
    On my buckelist: my own scrapping room with a large screen computer and a nanny for the kids, so they won't disturb me the moment I try to go sit behind my laptop... I always go to bed wayyyy to late, cause the only time I can scrap without being disturbed is when they are sleeping (but I still love them very much)

And this is my corner
    IMG_7086.JPG

BevG, londoncuppa and Karen like this.
  9. Bec

Bec Well-Known Member

I love seeing everyones spaces. Must admit I can't wait for the kids to leave home so I can take over their rooms :P

Karen likes this.
  10. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I hate to shatter the dream, but I don't think we'll be able to take over our children's rooms until they get married. I have a college graduate living 3 hours away and another that's a sophomore in college that lives 2 hours away, and I'm still housing all of their junk...I mean treasures. ;) We can keep the hope alive, though!!!

11. londoncuppa

Here's my lair. I'm a hoarder. It's scary.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Neverland Scraps

Neverland Scraps Always trust, never doubt

My scrappy space is my office, which acts as the guest room when we have out of town visitors. I'd take a photo of my desk, but I have post-it notes EVERYWHERE (on the side of the tower, the walls, but not actually ON my desk) of passwords, phone numbers and personal information that I don't want to put out on the web! I have a desk that my father got me years ago. It broke during this move (still waiting for the movers to reimburse us for the broken things). Next to my desk is a two-drawer file cabinet that holds my tower. I also have two monitors, which are amazing! If I were to look out my window, I can see Pike's Peak, and it is also how I watch the storms coming up and over the mountain.

Karen likes this.
  13. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Just want to say how much fun this thread is! I love seeing everyone's scrappy space.

14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

It's amazing! I love that you call it your lair! :giggle It's SO organized!

15. londoncuppa

PART 2
    [​IMG][​IMG]

16. londoncuppa

Dear hubby tells me I spend more time buying & organizing than I do creating (he's right!). He told me I need to give up scrapbooking and just become a buyer/organizer for others. As if.... ;)

Karen likes this.
  17. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

He sounds like my husband, who used to ask when I thought I would "reach saturation" on paper scrapping goodies. :giggle That turned out to be when I started digi scrapping. I still buy a lot of scrapping stuff, he just can't see it now because it's all on a hard drive!:yesss

Karen likes this.
  18. londoncuppa

YES! I've become addicted to all those CU bundles and paid fonts in the marketplace over the past two years. The only evidence is my need for A LOT of hard drive space. Since I'm hybrid, it's really bad. I have to have everything from both the digital and paper worlds. Must have it all!! ;)

scrappyjedi likes this.
  19. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

This is my space. It's my 'office' which is placed in my bedroom. lol I have a one bedroom apartment, so yeah. It works though, it's a large bedroom.

IMG_3087.jpg

Karen likes this.
  20. kendrawalter

kendrawalter Well-Known Member

Karen likes this.