Describe Your Scrappy Space

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by bcgal00, Jan 12, 2017.

1. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I'm traveling right now but will try to post when I get back home. I'm a hybrid scrapper AND a hoarder. It's scary.

bcgal00 and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  2. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

Couch scrapper here -- I am a laptop girl for several years now. I had a room with tower computer but hated that I was isolated from hubby so we each got laptops and sit next to each other on the couch. The only downfall to the laptop is no dual monitor (yet) since I can't sit with 2 monitors/computers on my lap. Maybe that might find a way to make a laptop with dual monitors.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I love my dual monitors, but I love being mobile as well. I have a laptop with another monitor hooked to it for when I'm at my desk, but when I want to be lazy on the couch, I just unplug it and take the laptop with me. Best of both worlds :)

BevG and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  4. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Then you don't want to see my desk. Seriously! It's pretty darned bad. At least there's room for my mouse and keyboard. :-)

5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I think I love you more with each post! ♥

QuiltyMom and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  6. MrsGaramer

MrsGaramer Using my imagination

I scrap on my laptop in my bed. I used to have my own room for crafting but the boys wanted their own room so I gave it up. I'm dreaming of a scrap hut in my backyard. I've been pinning storage "she" sheds. one day!!

7. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Love that idea. I'd probably never come out and my family would die of starvation. I don't think they can live on Poptarts forever?! ROFLMBOOOOO What say you @AnneofAlamo

Karen likes this.
  8. MrsGaramer

HAHAHA!!! Suurrrre they can.

9. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

scrappy-space.jpg With every house, my set up is different. Right now my desk is in our living room space. I'm using an antique desk that belonged to my husband's grandparents (I love it!!). I also love my 27" monitor. If I had a bigger desk I would be going to dual monitors. (The lighting is terrible here, especially at night...maybe I'll get a better photo tomorrow)

Karen and BevG like this.
  10. AnneofAlamo

she sheds? what? oh I have never heard of such thing...we are about to embark on enclosing our back patio so my hubby will have a studio for recording and man cave...but a she shed...lol, I think my whole house is mine..bhahhha
    but now I gotta Pinterest this phenomena!

Karen likes this.
  11. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@MrsGaramer You had me at "she shed" :) Love that!

MrsGaramer likes this.
  12. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

I love reading and seeing 'scrappy places'!!!

Here's my little slice of scrap-heaven - a spare room right off of the living room. This is my happy place - filled with lots of family mementos and photos.

[​IMG]

BevG and MrsGaramer like this.
  13. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Laptop here. But usually right side of the couch, cat at my side (not too close unless I'm using a blanket), and a footstool. In 15 minutes my bedroom -- Gonzaga basketball and Cheryl Scraps don't mix.

14. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

Here is my current setup. I moved my monitor in December just to help get through some photo sorts. I like the size with photoshop, but the color on it just doesn't compare to my MBP. A small little desk positioned by the couch in my living room. I like being in the center of the house instead of back in my office.
    upload_2017-1-12_18-49-16.png

Karen, BevG and MrsGaramer like this.
  15. MrsGaramer

You really need to look it up!! I would love to have a tiny little converted shed with a tiny porch and window boxes and a door I could lock. Needs a sign: No Boys Allowed!! :giggle

16. AnneofAlamo

@MrsGaramer I just spent 15 minutes on pinterest...and gasp, I have to have a bathroom much closer..bhahhaha

Karen and MrsGaramer like this.
  17. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Just teach them to make Ramen noodles and heat up chicken nuggets in the microwave and you are good to go. Just kidding.

18. scrappydonna

scrappydonna Blah blah blah

Since I am also a paper scrapbooker, I gotta have shelves and drawers. I wish I have more storage/space lol! This is actually an old photo but basically, it still looks like this. I moved around stuff already like the storage boxes/bins and carts. And the things on top of the shelf were replaced with other things lol

[​IMG]

Karen and KarenB like this.
  19. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

I digi scrap on the same computer I use to run lasers for the business. Lots happens at this desk- invoicing, bill payment, breakfast and lunch (and often dinner) most days...and maybe a little XBox from time to time. :)

28547043434_af67b05b7e_z.jpg

I'm also a paper scrapper, hence the paints and mists (my paper scrapping table is across the room, along with a couple of Expedit shelves full of stuff). And before you think I spent a fortune on the mists :blush, I CT'ed for several companies, kit clubs, and a store or two back in the day, so most were free or at a huge discount. Now I just CT for the Pad and Lawn Fawn (a stamp company), so these really don't get used as much as they should these days!

scrappydonna, Karen and KarenB like this.
  20. Bec

Bec Well-Known Member

My space. Looks like a mess but I know where everything is. It's where I do my nail polish swatching as well as anything computer related, vinyl cutting and photo processing. I have over 4000 bottles of nail polish in drawers under and around my desk. I use 3 desks joined to make a big L shape. My printer and silhouette cutter live on the L with my vinyl supplies in a set of drawers further over. I share the room with my husband but I've kinda taken over most of the space :) There's also 3 fish tanks with a new 4ft tank being set up this weekend (my christmas present).
    I have another office upstairs I call the art room. All my paper crafting supplies and painting materials live up there.
    [​IMG]

scrappydonna and Karen like this.