Describe Your Scrappy Space

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by bcgal00, Jan 12, 2017.

1. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

How is everyone doing? Having fun during MOC? If you are like me, you can't wait every day to see what new challenge there is and what's going on in the forum.

How about taking a break from the scrapping for a few minutes and let's chat. Can you describe your scrappy space to me? Feel free to share a photo too; that would be fun to see!

2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

This is my good morning desk, opening up my emails and checking out the Lilypad. I have my desk in the corner of our home office. Currently share with DS2 (home from Varisty) and DH and my new bicycle. Its sunny and spacious usually, but overcast today and a touch messy, still needs a good clean.
    [​IMG]

KarenB and gonewiththewind like this.
  3. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I have a new personal computer for my office downstairs and it's not hooked up yet so I'm scrapping in a corner of my LR, at a little desk. It' a small space but it works. I have an all-in-one computer there and have photoshop on it to scrap with. It's not very powerful and won't run radlab so I can't do my usual edits on it but at least I can scrap on it, just a bit slower, and have a small EHD plugged into it with a few of my digi supplies. I miss my office space and can't wait to get the new computer set up but in the meantime, I am happy with my little corner of the LR, I can talk with my hubs and watch the big screen.

Here's my little scrappy space.
    [​IMG]

KarenB and gonewiththewind like this.
  4. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@Eyeore So you scrap with two monitors? I'm thinking about it for my office.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I scrap in our den/office. Here's a look at just my desk space. The photo is from mid last year (I think). I'll try to remember to take another photo tomorrow when it's daylight and then I'll take a photo of the entire room as well.

LRM_20160506_172121-1.jpg

6. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

[​IMG]

There it is- my lovely crazy digi home, lol... This is in my craft room, which is two shades of teal, and adorable, if you ask me... But, it's messy... So messy... I should clean it or something, but I don't wanna, lol...

Huggles!!
    ~Sarah~

Karen and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  7. gonewiththewind

I scrap with two monitors and I love it! I have PSCC on one monitor and my digi supplies on the other. Super easy to drag what I need over.

8. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

:yesss
    @bcgal00 , I am so spoiled I have 2 monitors. Like Cheryl said, one for (in my case) PSE and the other for the supplies.

9. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@AliSarah My office downstairs always is cluttered and messy too LOL.

@gonewiththewind Love your framed layouts on the wall!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  10. gonewiththewind

@bcgal00 I was supposed to change out the layouts every quarter, but um, somehow 6 months has slid by . . . I need to print out some more to highlight!

11. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

I scrap on my laptop. (=

bcgal00 and rchansen like this.
  12. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

I snapped a quick picture right after turning on my PC. Seeing Daryl Dixon always puts me in a good mood, :-)

[​IMG]

KarenB, rchansen, Karen and 2 others like this.
  13. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

My space used to be my daughter's bedroom, but I took it over when she moved out. It was a bright, I mean really bright, pink that made the whole house glow. This is it now

[​IMG]

I'm not really a fan of the creepy head on the shelf, but DD made it in art class in HS and she told me that I needed to leave it out because it was "crafty" :giggle

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    KarenB, jk703, Karen and 2 others like this.
  14. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

This is mine. Complete with my pink tower box, custom built PC by my hubby!!! And if you don't have double monitors, PLEASE get them!!!!!

I can binge watch and scrap and design ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

KarenB, AnneofAlamo, AliSarah and 3 others like this.
  15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I used to scrap in a tiny space in our family room, but I moved to the dining room and was able to buy a desk with drawers so I could hide my clutter better. Here's a picture from 2013 when I moved out there:

IMG_7274 small.jpg

I have since taken down that jumble of photo frames on the wall and replaced that hanging light. everything else is pretty much the same. Oh except I see that I have a new printer now and I didn't have my Silhouette Portrait yet. That sits on the corner of my desk now. :)

KarenB and Rikki like this.
  16. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

This was taken yesterday for @bestcee challenge. I laugh because I have a lot of clocks in my house, and the one behind my chair, I never change it with daylight savings. Because it is Wednesday, It is a mess. I scrap here , two monitors (one is the lily pad, other searching for gifs). I also home school from this chair. My youngest is on a bench and he shares the desk with me during the day. He has to have me rub his arm or touch him to keep his attention most of the school day. This is the heart of the house, I have the bills, dogs medicine, special lotion of boy's hair and yep dog food. My little dog is skittish and I have to feed her by my feet, when everyone is outside (recess) On Friday after school, everyone cleans their area. Due to the desert dust..it is a bit of a chore. But the desk will shine on Friday! lol the chair my kids and hubby got for me last mother's day. 041.JPG

bjc, crazsquaw, KarenB and 3 others like this.
  17. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Do I dare ask? What is boys hair lotion?

18. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

my boys are 1/2 navajo and 1/2 black (african american) and their hair was a learning curve for this very PINK momma. They can't use regular shampoo on their hair, or it will dry it out so bad (and scalp) that it breaks off. So, I have special shampoo, but they can't use it daily...just a good warm water rinse to get the desert out. Then without drying, I put an oil moisturizing hair lotion. They put on do (as in hair do) rags at night and it soaks in. Then they pick it out (they are sporting some way cool afros at the moment) and I put more in every morning. The go on their knees and I rub it in liberally, and tell them something nice about them, and kiss them on the forehead. This is a huge part of our day. lol, hence why it is at my desk and not in the bathroom. lol
    This is the break of morning chores/breakfast time, and into school...lol

ps, the lotion bottle is PINK and it took me a year to get them to let me use it on their hair. they are very BOY and nothing PINK shall be on or near them.

19. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

My lap. :giggle

MrsGaramer and jesskab like this.
  20. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

@AnneofAlamo So much better than the bottle of boys hair mixed in lotion that I was picturing.
    And wondering if it had magical powers that would cure all aches and pains.

Forgive me, it's too early for me right now!