December Photography Challenge

Discussion in 'December 2020 Challenges' started by bcnatty, Nov 29, 2020.

1. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

Wow...I can't believe that this year is coming to an end. In some respects, it seems like it's dragged on forever...but in others, I feel like it has flown by. I am here this month to bring you the last photography challenge of 2020.

Up here in Northern BC, we are just getting into winter. Now I am one to just want to stay cuddled up on the couch, in front of the fire, under a heated blanket, knitting (or scrapping) and watching tv. But I have a little guy...who I want to keep active and not just let him sit right beside me and play on his tablet all day. So I drag my butt off the couch and have to convince him to come outside with me and play. It takes a while, but he usually comes around. Now bundling up (and then undressing) almost takes longer than he likes to stay outside in the cold. But it's worth it. For that short amount of time that we are outside, he has an absolute blast...and I just love experiencing it through his eyes.

For this photography challenge I want to see you enjoying the outdoors. What drags you away from your computer or off the couch?

Since this is a photography challenge, the photo must be taken specifically for this challenge.

Here is my layout showing the absolute joy my little guy has when we are in the backyard sledding using Jaimee's beautiful Remember December Collab with Studio Basic Designs.

[​IMG]

As always, please remember the monthly challenge rules: Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the December Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

I am excited to see your outdoor adventures!!

Donitab, umyesh and KarenB like this.
  2. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

We defied the stay at home order and went to Happy Harbor Days.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  3. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Here's my outside photo taken today
    [​IMG]

4. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

5. chigirl

chigirl Candy Corn junkie

[​IMG]

photo was taken by my daughter of the snow from the back deck.
    11.24 colorado springs

caapmun likes this.
  6. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

here's my take of this challenge

[​IMG]

thank you

7. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

thank you for the inspiration and to make me get out of my house! lol we went near the beach, even if it was a cloudy day, it was very hot and we could see a peek of a sunset...first time we did this after corona pandemic...=/

[​IMG]

8. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

MY DOGS are the perfect reason for that I don't get stuck in the sofa when I get home!!!
    [​IMG]

9. barbaraj

barbaraj Well-Known Member

10. crazycat1126

crazycat1126 Well-Known Member

It seems like our dogs motivate quite a few of us! :)
    [​IMG]

11. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Thank you for the challenge
    I made this photo last week during our evening walk in Bruges ... we follow the light tour 'Wintergloed'

[​IMG]

12. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Thank you for the inspiration!
    We are in lockdown, but I (try to) go for a walk at least every other day.
    FYI, the photo is new, taken on Dec. 5th. Winter here is pretty mild, and snow is rare; compared to your photo, our weather is more like autumn right now. (I can't complain!)
    [​IMG]

13. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

14. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

I Would Have Had This Challenge Done Ages Ago...But I Was Waiting For Some Snow! Outside! & An Opportunity To Get A Cool Leaf Pic!...Some Of You May Know That I Love Leaves!...The Texture! The Stories!...Each Line!...Each Wrinkle!...Miles! & Miles! Of Travel & Stories Of A Life Well-Lived!...Just Look At This Gorgeous! Leaf!...Still Clinging To Life!...Still Trying To Hang On! To A Life So Dear!...Never Giving Up!...Despite The Cold! Snow! Wind! & Hardship...Always Clinging To Life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...OMG!...This Is Why Leaves Fascinate Me!...I Feel Like My Life Is Like This!...I Am Always Fighting! To Survive!...To Win Over Another One Of Life's Constant Obstacles In My Way!...To Live!...To Go On To Another Day!...Despite All The Hardships! & Difficulties In My Own Life!...We Must Be Strong! We Must Be Brave! & We Must Persevere!...No Matter What!...OMG!...

*FYI:I Extracted One Of The Black Stars From The Black Scatter...Beveled It...& Sampled The Same Pink From The Pink Button Included In The Kit & Used That To Recolor The Stars To Match...*

*For My Frosty First Layout-I Used:Remember December-Just Jaimee

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  15. andersm

andersm You can check out anytime you like ...

16. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

It's hard to get out during this pandemic, but we do love to explore. Both halves are posted separately in the gallery.
    [​IMG]

17. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank you for this challenge !

[​IMG]

18. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

19. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

Thanks for hosting this challenge, Natasha. Mine :)

[​IMG]

20. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks for the great challenge, Natasha! The beautiful blue skies and the first snow I've seen for years definitely gets me outside. All of these pictures were taken yesterday, December 14th

[​IMG]