December Photography Challenge

Discussion in 'December 2018 Challenges' started by bcnatty, Nov 29, 2018.

1. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

Hello fellow pad dwellers!!! Can you believe that it's December?!? Where in the heck did 2018 go???
    I am here this month hosting the photography challenge and I decided that I really want to see what you guys collect. What little knick knacks are gathering in your home...are they fancy dishes or spoons, little figurines, coffee mugs or books...garden gnomes? What is the one thing that you just can't pass up in a store?

This month, your photography challenge is to showcase a collection on your layout

Since it's the holidays, I really wanted to show you guys my Christmas set up...but I'm so not ready for that...I'm not even sure if I know where we packed our Christmas boxes. So, instead, you'll have to settle for my little cutie patootie and his Cars collection!!

[​IMG]

As always, please remember our monthly challenge rules: Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the December Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    Ga_L, KarenB and umyesh like this.
  2. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

your layout isnt showing up

3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

What a fun challenge, Natasha.

bcnatty likes this.
  4. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

Oh my gosh! I collect so much!! Old vintage toys, paper dolls and dolls, favourite books, creepy comics books, old things ladies used to use like hats, hankies and jewelry, Trixie Belden and Nancy Drew books, Things I grew up with that were destroyed or vanished (Long story LOL) Pretty vintage cookbooks, aprons, and dishes.... basically anything old! I am not a hoarder, I collect responsibly and neatly!

bjc and bcnatty like this.
  5. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

Fun! I'll be back

6. michelepixels

michelepixels Amazing, Awesome and Wonderful!

So my first thought was a disappointing, "I don't collect anything."
    Especially in recent years. I'm becoming a minimalist.
    Then I got creative and thought about how much I journal and photograph and scrap -- I collect memories!
    I also collect lists of books I read at Goodreads and I'm grateful for the list of videos I watch automatically collected by YouTube. :D
    You could argue that screenshots are not photographs, but I did make them with care just like I do when I'm making a picture with my camera. Is this acceptable?

[​IMG]

bcnatty, janedee, bjc and 1 other person like this.
  7. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

Since my collection reflects our travels, I decided to make the layout look like an art journal page. I love my mugs from all over the United States, and am thrilled to show them off! Thanks for the challenge.
    [​IMG]

bcnatty, Ferdy and bjc like this.
  8. AnikA68

AnikA68 Well-Known Member

my page
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    bcnatty likes this.
  9. marijke

marijke Well-Known Member

I have a passion for photography ... lots of books with beautiful photos .... When I go to a photo exposition I can't resist to buy a photobook or the catalog. Since a few years I started to buy vintage photo camera ... some are exposed in my livingroom ...

[​IMG]

bcnatty, meterr and bjc like this.
  10. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

great challenge

11. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Fun challenge! Does dust mites count???

bellbird, Laure, weaselwatchr and 3 others like this.
  12. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt What do you call a three-humped camel?

Moving and Collecting are not besties. With more than a handful of moves under out belt in just about as many years...I don't collect things. I collect memories and moments to scrap!

[​IMG]

bcnatty and tinkerbell1112 like this.
  13. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

14. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

15. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I love this challenge. Finally got around to photographing my Santas. I love this time of year when I bring them out and enjoy them.
    [​IMG]

bcnatty and meterr like this.
  16. Oldenmeade

Oldenmeade Well-Known Member

Thanks for the fun challenge :) Our cottage is way too tiny to collect anything except dust, but I managed to think of something I collect on my computer.

[​IMG]

bcnatty likes this.
  17. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks for the challenge! Here are some of my cameras.

[​IMG]

bcnatty and Vrielinkie like this.
  18. nhudao

nhudao Well-Known Member

19. RJMJ

RJMJ Picked like a bright red apple right off the tree!

Lots Of Neat Layouts In This Thread!...I Do Collect Certain Things That I Have Made Layouts About Before So I Wanted To Do Something Different & Christmasy...Then I Thought....Hmmm...I Have Scrapped About My Rather Large Christmas Scrapbooking Paper Collection Before(I Make My Own Envelopes To Match All The Christmas Cards That I Make)...Hence The Reason For Lots Of Scrapbooking Paper...Any Excuse Is Better Than None I Guess...So Instead Of This Again I Decided To Scrap About My Rather Large Collection Of Christmas Ribbon...I Know...They Both Seem To Go Hand In Hand With Each Other...Right?...Like I Said...Any Excuse Is Better Than None...Either Way I Stacked Up A Small Bunch & That Is The Photo In The Layout But I Do Have More Besides That...I Didn't Want To Overwhelm The Layout With Too Much Ribbon...Ha! Ha! Ha!...I'd Rather Emphasize The Christmas Elements In Kristin Aagard's Wonderfully Festive Christmas Kit Called : Christmas Joy!...

*For My Christmas Ribbon Layout-I Used:

*Christmas Joy & Noel By Kristin Aagard

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    bcnatty likes this.
  20. katell

katell CT - Sara Gleason

My mug's collection:

[​IMG]

bcnatty and Vrielinkie like this.