December Journaling Challenge

Discussion in 'December 2020 Challenges' started by Justagirl, Nov 29, 2020.

1. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

...and the last challenge for this year!!!!!!!

Have already done a couple of challenges relating the good things that have come from our current situation... So trying for a little different take on my thoughts...

I have known for most of my life, that I am addicted to shopping and spending money. During the first months of the Pandemic, when we were totally stay at home... no reason to be out shopping... The shopping stopped... a trip to Costco
    for coffee beans was a BIG event! That said I did continue to spend money on Scrapbooking supplies... but a tank of gas now lasts me for months and so much more money in my pockets!!!!

I was appalled the first day I actually went out and shopped OMG... I came home loaded with new clothes, and no place to wear them... Old habits do die hard! They are still hanging from the door knob, a silent reminder... I have found that my old thought processes always kick in , whenever I am in a store... Trying to think ahead.. What things do I need ...etc... and chasing bargains, always... One of my favorite sayings has always been, What Does “Need” Have To Do With it????

It is definitely a reckoning to stand and look at my neatly organized closet and realize, I have had NO need for anything in there, for almost a year now...

...and then the other awareness arrived, this past month as I have started trying to get my scrapping supplies organized a bit, so I can find things... I have lost track of how many folders, I have found at how many stores... ( I do 3) that were full of totally forgotten unopened treasures, I HAD to have at the point that they were purchased.... SAD!!! My New Years goal is to stop buying Scrapbooking supplies, at least until I get what I have, organized... Sure the stores will not be happy to read this!

[​IMG]