December Journaling Challenge

Discussion in 'December 2020 Challenges' started by Justagirl, Nov 29, 2020.

1. crazycat1126

crazycat1126 Well-Known Member

2. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

I didn't count - but I'm pretty sure this is over 50 words. LOL

[​IMG]

2020 started like any normal year does. Our family rang the new year in by enjoying crab legs and fireworks on TV. To ring this year in we watched the Disney fireworks though, so there was that. Hmm... LOL

The year had a lot of promise. Covid-19 brought it all down. When all the restrictions and Covid talk started I really wasn't sure we could make it through in one piece. I guess I have seen what our family can do.

Our family has spent every day together since March 14. We have worked from home and done school from home for over 9 months. There has only been a couple times we have lost it on each other. I had expected that to be different when we first went into lockdown. I figured there was no way we could be this close to each other for that long and not lose our tempers. But our family has stepped up. It's been boring, it's been frustrating, it's been depressing, it's been all sorts of things, but it's been a lot of family time. While no one would ever bust out the games with me after dinner like I tried to get them to in the beginning, we've watched a lot of TV and movies, we've taken some drives, we've hung out. Eric and Ada have done a lot of golfing. The peacefulness of just having everyone here all day has actually become a sense of comfort to me in all of this craziness. I've come to enjoy this downtime and will almost regret when our lives go back to being busy with things outside of the house. Yes, we've continued to have a few outside activities over these 9 months, but very few compared to what we did do. I know life will start again, and it needs to - Asher & Ada need for it to continue. I've enjoyed this unexpected quite that 2020 has brought.

While I will always look back on 2020 as the year that literally sucked, I will always remember the unexpected feeling of family comfort. Of always knowing where my family is pretty much every moment of every day. And the joy of having them be able to interrupt me at work to ask me a question about school or to help them make their lunch. I hope these memories will start to overshadow the worse ones as the years go by and 2020 simply can be remembered by our family as "the year we all got to stay home".

3. Claire Grantham

Claire Grantham Pollywog

2020 was hard in so many ways and I do believe it was a lot harder for others than it was for me. I look back over 2020 with a reasonable amount of happiness and a teeny bit of sadness.
    [​IMG]

4. DivaMom96

DivaMom96 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the challenge.
    [​IMG]

5. disneysheryl65

disneysheryl65 Snoring in perfect pitch

Thanks for this challenge - there WERE lots of positives in this nutty year!

[​IMG]

6. AnotherAmanda

AnotherAmanda Well-Known Member

7. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Here is mine much more than 50 words, and every one of them meant.
    [​IMG]

8. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

9. mywisecrafts

mywisecrafts Pollywog

Thanks for this challenge!!!

Here's my journaling:
    On Christmas Eve, I love to sit with a glass of wine or cup of coffee and just enjoy the queit after everyone is in bed. This is my pre-gift wrapping moment. I also reflect on the year. While this year has been rough, it has allowed me the opportunity to help prepare the kids for the real world. Cooking. Laundry. Ironing.. We’ve also become closer as a family! I’ll take those wins for the year!

[​IMG]

10. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

11. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

I enjoyed this challenge, thank you!
    [​IMG]

12. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

13. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

14. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

15. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

I Will Readily Admit That I Usually Don't Do The Journaling Challenges Each Month/Not Always...But Mostly...Only When I'm Not Able To Do The BYOC For A Particular Month...So Here Is One Of Those Months...It May Seem Kinda Peculiar Of Me...To Not Like Journaling Challenges...Considering How Much I Like To Write About My Layouts In My Gallery...LOL!...But Either Way...Not My Favorite Thing To Do...But It Wasn't As Bad As I Thought It Would Be...I'm Happy With The Resulting Layout & The Opportunity To Showcase/Write Down & Celebrate...Once Again...Some Of My Own Personal Positives Of 2020!...

*For My Seeing The Positivity Of 2020 Layout-I Used:

*Mixed Media Monthly-March 2020-We're All In This Together-Little Butterfly Wings & Rachel Jefferies
    *Mixed MediaMonthly-March 2020-We're All In This Together-Template-Rachel Jefferies

[​IMG]

16. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

Great challenge - thanks!
    [​IMG]

17. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

This one was tricky. Not because it was difficult thinking of positives and things I've learnt etc, but because I'd already scrapbooked or art journaled them. I spent some time brainstorming with TJ and we found a positive side effect of lockdown and social distancing that has really impacted our lives, that I hadn't recorded. So here we go:
    [​IMG]

18. Beth Holmes

Beth Holmes Well-Known Member

I chose to focus on one of the positives from this year rather than all of them. Thanks for looking.

[​IMG]

19. Lillyia

Lillyia Well-Known Member

This was a great challenge. I was surprised to realize there were more positives happening than I realized. So glad I decided to join the challenge. Thank you for a good idea.
    [​IMG]

20. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?