December Art Journaling Sing Along | Oh Tannebaum Week 1

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by AnneofAlamo, Dec 10, 2018.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

[​IMG]
    Welcome to the Art Journaling December Sing-a-long aka Monthly Muse!
    When I was in school, I took Deutsche for many years, and this song is so beautiful.

and in English is Oh Christmas Tree....but listen to this one, and resonate with the melody and beauty of the song in the original language.

Lets get into the tree and art journal...this means, ponder that tree that we bring in our home for Christmas or perhaps see on a daily walk, or remember as a child. It does NOT have to be Christmas...but it can!

I am doing my example right now, but had an absolute blast perusing pinterest in preparing this months challenge:
    This is a great way to get into cutting your papers (do it digi with abandonment, and then sew them down in pure happiness)
    [​IMG]
    This one set my journaling heart on fire-envisioning your tree photos in fun crops with highlights of ornaments that speak out
    [​IMG]
    go in close to the tree and get creative:
    [​IMG]
    Remember: This does NOT have to be Christmas...but it can...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to January 3, 2018 and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

You can use any products in The Lilypad store, just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines. :)

If you have any questions about the challenge then please ask away here!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

a great morning of creating!
    [​IMG]

RJMJ likes this.
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

What a wonderful and perfect Muse, Anne! I'm going to spend some time, when I get home, listening to the music - I love that version; and maybe perusing more ideas on Pinterest. This is going to be fun. Your example is gorgeous!!

4. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

This is an ATC.
    [​IMG]

Cherylndesigns and AnneofAlamo like this.
  5. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for getting the Monthly Muse started! As usual, I've created an ATC.
    [​IMG]

AnneofAlamo and Cherylndesigns like this.
  6. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Anne, I enjoyed your video. This is what I came up with, my view from across the road. We live in woods. :-)

[​IMG]

AJK, Nemla, AnneofAlamo and 1 other person like this.
  7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks for a great week one muse, Anne! Here's what I created.

[​IMG]

8. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

9. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Oh Tannenbaum always makes me think of the song Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree -
    [​IMG]

AnneofAlamo and BevG like this.
  10. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I dug out this picture of our Charlie Brown Christmas Tree. Story in the page description.
    [​IMG]

AJK and Carol K. like this.
  11. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Here is mine:

[​IMG]

AJK likes this.
  12. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Such A Wonderful & Timely Monthly Muse...You Always Seem To Hit The Subject Matter Right On The Head With Me Each Month...I Love Trees In General...They Can Be Tall,Protective & Majestic & May Remind One Or Draw On Memories & Perhaps A Reminiscence About Family Or Family Roots...Either Way...Trees Represent Life,Shelter,Strength,Respect...And Since This Is December & Christmas Is Around The Corner...I Am Reminded Of Christmases Past...Time Spent Decorating The Family Christmas Trees Over The Years & Now Our Own...Each Tree Having A Special Meaning About Family & Friends Gathering Together To Open Gifts And/Or Share In A Wonderful Meal,Sharing Some Wonderful Decadent Desserts & Cherishing The Conversations That Are Made In Laughter,Love & Fun!...Christmas Is A Special Time Of Year Either Way You Slice It...For Me The Tree Is Everything...The Decorations,The Presents But Especially The LIGHTS!!!!!!...Those Wonderful Lights!...Twinkling & Shining Ever So Brightly...They Remind Me Of My Childhood Christmases Spent With Family & Especially My Mom Who Is No Longer Among Us Physically But Is Strong In Her Spirit & That To Me Is Carried In All Those Twinkling Lights...She Is Alive In All Those Twinkling Lights & In My Heart...Sorry...For A Minute I Had To Stop & Collect Myself...A Few Tears Came To My Eyes As I Am Talking About My Mom...A Few More Tears Now...Mom Really Loved Christmas & She Passed That Tradition On To Me & Our Family...This Layout Definitely Describes Her Personality...Full Of Love For Life & Family & She Just Loved Bright Colors & Had A Vibrant Personality To Match & She Herself Was A Bright Light In My Life That Will Always Stay With Me...So My Layout Is Dedicated To Her Memory In All Those Beautiful & Wonderful Twinkling Lights...Surrounded By All The Stars Of Light & Love...Love & Miss You So Very Much Mom...xoxo...

*I Would Also Like To Take The Time To Wish All Of Our Wonderful Lilypad Members & Their Family & Friends A Wonderful,Merry & Happy Holiday Season! & All The Best In 2019!...Merry Christmas & Happy New Year Everyone!...Hope To See You All At The MOC7 In January!...

*For My Twinkle Twinkle Twinkle Layout-I Used:

*Shine Bright-Bundle-Rachel Jefferies
    *Down The Chimney-Pink Reptile Designs
    *The Rainbow Tree-Collab-2018-The Digital Scrapbooking Studio(3 Items Used)
    *Merry & Bright-Collab-Oscraps(1 Item Used)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    wvsandy likes this.
  13. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Here's my tree! Thank you for the inspiration!
    [​IMG]

AJK and wvsandy like this.
  14. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

15. Ursula

Ursula Well-Known Member

Thanks for the challenge, here is my Oh Tannenbaum.
    [​IMG]

16. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

What a great set of challenges!
    [​IMG]

17. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

better late than never, been meaning to do this for so long.
    [​IMG]