December Art Journaling Sing Along | I'll be Home-Week 3a lol

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by AnneofAlamo, Dec 26, 2018.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Christmas is over, but not the songs in our heart!
    [​IMG]
    The presents are put away...I am wanting to take my tree down, but there is one song, that no matter what day it is in the year...I cry...I mean just weep. Happy tears, because of the memories my parents made for me of home. Christmas pasts...
    but listen to the song and create!

I am juggling Christmas and kids home, so will have to sneak in some creative time...and I hope you can too..
    HOME, where home is for you now, then or in the future with Christmas...
    I do have some inspiration that tugged my heart:
    this sketch grabbed me, and the font work is pure wonderful!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and this one I want to re create with reds and teals and laugh while I am in the midst of making it!
    [​IMG]
    then there is this with the music and grungy fun of hybrid, which makes me want to open photoshop and get me digi on..
    oh the dishes can wait..I will be back with my page!

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to January 3, 2018 and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

You can use any products in The Lilypad store, just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines. :)

If you have any questions about the challenge then please ask away here!

2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Wonderful challenge, Anne. Lovely examples to get our mojo flowing. I'm sure your inspiration will be wonderful.

3. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oooooooooh! I had the best time creating this morning! I feel so rejuvenated! One hour on treadmill, and then an hour of creating with intensity!!
    [​IMG]

mcurtt, AJK and Cherylndesigns like this.
  4. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

5. Cherylndesigns

Absolutely gorgeous pieces of art, Anne and Jan!!

6. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

I noticed Janisn (#4 above) has the same dog I do!
    [​IMG]

AJK likes this.
  7. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

I love this Christmas song -
    [​IMG]

8. Cherylndesigns

The song makes me very sad, but I created what I thought looked like a home that people would always want to come home to. A country home, which I've never lived in, but have always admired and thought they looked so cozy especially in the snow.

[​IMG]

AJK and mcurtt like this.
  9. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Thanks Again For Another Great Challenge!...I Think Pretty Much Everybody Knows This Christmas Song...Perhaps It Has Different Meanings For Different People & I Seriously Couldn't Imagine Not Being With My Family For Christmas...I'd Probably Have A Melt Down!...But That Being Said...You Can Perhaps Surmise That Home & Family Mean Everything To Me So Creating This Layout Was A Task Of Immense Joy!...I Hope You Can See All The Layers I Put Into This Layout With All The Wonderful Snow Falling Like Everywhere!...And All The Effects/Overlays That I Played With To Create The Interesting Look To The Neighborhood Street Accenting The Roofs Of The Houses In The Picture & The Blended Background I Created Using 3 Different Papers Blended With The Original Photo In One Piece To Create The Background & Then Adding The Cut Pieces On Top Of All That...This Layout Pretty Much Sums Up My Current Existence Here Where We Live & It Is Really Cold Too!...Hopefully You Can Get This Winter/December/Cold Vibe From The Layout But Also The Contrast Of The Warm & Inviting Vibe Of Home & Spending All That Special Time With Family & Friends This Time Of Year...

*For My December Home Layout-I Used:

*Creekside-Lynn Grieveson
    *Home For The Holidays-Kristin Aagard
    *Weathered-Etc By Danyale
    *Butterfly Basics-New Year Edition-Little Butterfly Wings
    *Richmond-Lynn Grieveson
    *The Good Life-December-Marisa Lerin(3 Items Used)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  10. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

I support an organization that reaches out to many people groups, among them the refugees of Syria, Nigeria, Yemen, and others. A recent report stated that some had returned home and were grateful to be in their homeland, even if they had nothing but rubble. I couldn't get them out of my mind or off my :heartslub. I wonder how current situations will affect them? Will they be in danger again? Home for Christmas means something very different for them.

[​IMG]

mcurtt likes this.
  11. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I'm double-dipping on this one as well, using this for my Day 31 for DYD. Not exactly an AJ page, but I did add a few of Nicole's artsy items on it. :-) I had my layout 100% done with a photo of our home taken a few days ago. And then today it snowed, not a lot, more of a dusting, so I went out, snapped a few more photos and then redid the entire page to go along with the snow theme... Sigh...

[​IMG]

wvsandy likes this.
  12. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I have just really wanted to use the heart from this kit, and as one who has lived in a different country to the one I was born it, I know it is true too...
    [​IMG]

mcurtt and AnneofAlamo like this.
  13. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.