Dead fitbit...

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by amien1, Aug 16, 2022.

1. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

GAH! My fitbit Versa 2 just went tits up. I went swimming with it & forgot to take it off (even though it's supposed to be okay for water.) Ever since it's just acted up- needing restarted all the time & running through battery super fast. :bangheadToday I chatted with their help desk & it looks like it's officially dead. :gunOf course it's out of warranty- but I did get a 35% coupon for a new one. BUT I'm not sure I want a new one... this one is only 1.5 yrs old. I'm debating going with a samsung watch, since that's what my phone is too and I can trade in the fitbit (even broken) for $75 credit... grrr. I hate technology sometimes!:angry

Anyone have a samsung watch? Anyone have experience with their fitness tracking capabilities?

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  2. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I LOVE my Samsung watch. If you can get that....do it. I have the Active 2 (2020 is when I think they came out) and it's awesome.

First when we had them I had service going to the watch. But since we just switched from T-Mobile to Verizon, I'm using it just a bluetooth watch.
    I still love it. I can't leave my phone at home anymore, but that's fine.

I use the Samsung Health all the time, and I feel that my steps are more accurate then when I was wearing my Fitbit.
    I passed that down to my daughter and I know she's had trouble with her Fitbit more and more, so I'm thinking about upgrading my watch and handing this one down to her.

3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Bummer about your fitbit. :( I have an Apple watch, so I can't comment on the Samsung, but I love the ease of connection between my phone and my watch. I bet you'd get the same thing with a Samsung watch if that's the type of phone you have. I used to miss calls all of the time because I leave my phone on silent and it'd be in my purse and now my wrist buzzes and I don't miss the calls. Such a cool device. I hope you find something you love!

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  4. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Just coming to commiserate - my DS's old 'water proof' Fitbit was never the same after he left it on just in the shower once (it wasn't even a swimming pool), his versa 2 is still going ok I think but he pretty much learnt his lesson, nothing is truly waterproof to us anymore - no experience with the Samsung ones but good luck & way to go in terms of getting thru FB's customer service, it can be an ordeal!

amien1 likes this.
  5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I don't have a Samsung watch. When my Fitbit died - almost the exact same circumstance! - I decided to switch to Garmin. It was the 2nd Fitbit that lasted just over a year, and I was annoyed at the 35% off coupons. So, I switched. I'm been very happy with my Garmin. I switched to the watch style (vivoactive 3) and an older model so it was cheaper. It's still going strong, and so is my husband's. I miss the Fitbit challenges, but I like how it connects to my texts, and lets me send a quick reply (that can be customized). It connects to my Android.

amien1 likes this.
  6. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Great to know! I think right now with their "trade in any condition" type of promo- I can get $75 for my dead fitbit towards a samsung watch... so tempting!

This was the primary reason I LOVED my fitbit! My phone is always on silent or just vibrate so I have missed calls/texts without my watch the last few days...

WTH! It seems like it's a common problem. It also seems like if everyone has issues after getting it wet- maybe not advertise that it can get wet... lol! Yes, thankfully I was able to get through to customer service fairly easily. I even had a case number I was able to share every time so that I didn't have to explain the issues everytime!

Interesting! I will look into garmin for sure! Thanks!