Day 3 Grid page - PLEASE READ

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2019' started by mrs2a50, Jan 4, 2019.

1. lou

lou Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned over-policing, I don't know about that. I'm waiting for a clarification on today's template challenge. When is too far really too far... Two layouts in particular, while being absolutely gorgeous and extremely creative, seem to merely use the template as inspiration. I'm not daring enough to do something like that, I would not want to have to redo my page! ;-)

bellbird likes this.
  2. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I just want to say that for anyone out there doubting yourself and wondering if you should walk away, PLEASE DON’T. No matter how long or short you’ve been scrapping; regardless of your software or skill level, every single layout you do has value and merit. The fact that you turned your computer on and decided to give a page a try speaks volumes as to who you are as a memory keeper.

We all have those moments where we see the work of uber-talented scrappers and feel “less,” but other people don’t define you or your work. For whatever it’s worth, I consider all of you my scrappy tribe. Big hugs and love to you all!!

bellbird, jk703, SeattleSheri and 5 others like this.
  3. KairynLisa

KairynLisa Wouldn't make it as a fighter pilot

Well said, @londoncuppa - I like to think of MOC as a way to stretch myself creatively. Do things I might not normally think of doing and to learn through the process. Yes, some challenges are hard and I might have to walk away to give those creative juices some time to simmer... but every challenge and every attempt has merit. Hang in there, friends!

cfile, bellbird, EHStudios and 3 others like this.
  4. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

@londoncuppa Very well put! I totally agree. Even though I've been scrapping for over a decade, I'm still insecure about my pages. I wouldn't have created any of these pages without the prompts. There is always something new to learn. I truly see something inspiring in everyone's work. I also find it fascinating how differently people interpret the challenges.

cfile, bellbird and londoncuppa like this.
  5. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Well, mine is done, but am hanging on to it because I want to put my pages up in order. There is stuff hanging out of the squares but you can see that it is in the square. Holding my breath!!!!

bellbird likes this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee Lorelei and Rory are my neighbors

@NancyP As long as what you added is contained in the grid, it should be fine.

bellbird likes this.
  7. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

This has nothing to do with the post,so sorry every one, but I have to say it : NANCYyyyyyy :circles:fairydanceSoo good to see you,I have missed you !!!

cfile, bellbird and bestcee like this.
  8. bestcee

bestcee Lorelei and Rory are my neighbors

Never be sorry to greet a friend!!

Nemla, Tree City, cfile and 1 other person like this.
  9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

:fairydance i forgot all about these! How much time would that have saved me instead of placing rows and columns of stitches! :carryon

berniek and bestcee like this.
  10. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i just wanted to echo what Jess said about Pollys, we aren't immune to self doubt or misreading guidelines either - every morning when i see a 'new conversation' in my inbox, i have that moment where i think i'm about to have to re-do or update something i posted last night, and sometimes i'll hold things back if i'm unsure as well; sometimes we're asked for a sample page at the last minute but i think all of the Pollys are conscious of trying not to lead anyone astray with what they post or scrap, especially in MOC. We also want to minimise frustration and doubt which is why we're here to help with clarifications and we really try to make TLP an all-inclusive place, regardless of someone's experience level with scrapbooking; and always feel free to 'conversation' me if you have an direct questions or need a hand sorting through something Kimberley :)

jk703, mrs2a50 and cfile like this.