Day 14 - what are your favorite styles

Discussion in '2022 LOD' started by Cath_, Feb 14, 2022.

1. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

With Mommish being highlighted today. I dont know much about styles. Do you have favorites and which ones? thank you

2. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

I have a lot of her styles but I love them all, no favorite here. Cath, if you are not sure about the styles, she has quite a few beautiful kits in the store as well and they are all on sale!

Cath_ likes this.
  3. Cath_

4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I don’t use styles often enough but one that I use probably 90% of the time is

[​IMG]

Aerobigirl, Cath_ and A-M like this.
  5. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

her styles look fabulous don't they. I can't use them in my software unfortunately.

HavaDrPepper likes this.
  6. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I'd say her shadow styles! I got a lot of comments about my pages, complimenting my shadows....and it's all @mommyish work! I use most often other pack with dynamic shadows, but I have this one posted by Jennifer too.

7. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

All of them HA HA.. I love them all! Really!

Try out the freebie scatter one too that she is giving for the LOD.. I had used multi colors as I was scattering! That comes with both the brush and then the paper style for the scatter.
    [​IMG]

Her Glitter one is fab too :)

[​IMG]

8. mollyscraps

mollyscraps Feeding everyone's sweet tooth

Cath, this was in the LOD post but in case you missed it, Mommyish has a youtube channel with videos showing how to use some of her styles. You might watch a few to see what you think.

Some of her styles come with brushes and/or actions and typically those are the ones that have videos. If that seems too complicated, don't be discouraged. She has many products that are just styles and they are easy peasy!

Also, my tip, remember you can use CU products in PU layouts and since they have a higher discount, you might check those out. (Although I think most of her styles are CU anyway.)

Here's the youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/user/leahriordan

bellbird likes this.
  9. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I use her styles all the time. I rely on her shadow styles for just about every layout. Her Dynamic Shadow styles are my favorite.
    [​IMG]

I also use these sticker styles for word arts when I want to use them as a title.
    [​IMG]

HeatherB and Ferdy like this.
  10. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I have a ton of her styles. The ones I use the most are the wood styles, like these
    [​IMG]
    or if you want a bunch of different styles in one pack, these would be great
    [​IMG]

11. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

12. emjaytee

emjaytee Active Member

Apart from drop shadows, my most commonly used styles are Just The Basics that @janedee posted above. I use them on pretty much every layout.

I also love the stitching and paper tear actions.

13. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

I use the glitter styles all the time! I use them a lot for titles or swirly elements.
    [​IMG]

14. mommyish

mommyish Style Addict

I'm sitting here all "ALL THE STYLES ARE THE FAVORITE STYLES!" hahaha :D I'm all about the new/shiny but "Starter" styles the shadow styles and the "just the basics" are a GREAT set to get a feel for layer styles. I like to call them "one-click wonders" because they can completely change the look of something with just one little click.

bestcee, cfile and EHStudios like this.
  15. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Just the Basics is a very good one to get because there is lots in there. And I use the Holiday Style 2018 glitter styles all the time

16. Cath_

17. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I use these Flair styles to add to a kit - just add the style to a circle (or other shape) piece of patterned paper and you magically have an element that matches the kit perfectly:
    [​IMG]

And these from the September 2018 BYOC have almost every colour you would ever want, and I use the sticker and thicker styles on titles made from fonts:
    [​IMG]

18. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I love to use these kinds of styles on titles! Makes making a title so easy.

[​IMG]

Cath_ likes this.
  19. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

What is a dynamic shadow?

20. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I'm not sure I can explain it well. But that first set of styles I posted kind of gives a dynamic shading effect to the layers.