Dang it . . . work!

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by elseepe, Jan 4, 2017.

1. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

work is getting in the way, I might have to schedule a couple of half vacation days to finish. I know it's early, and I expect to be caught up by this weekend, but dang it, work takes up the hold day, every weekday (then dinner, workout happens).

MrsGaramer and bestcee like this.
  2. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I was totally thinking the same thing! An early sick day for scrapping this month! PJ's scrapping, kids in school, TV, hot chocolate.... sounds perfect!

MrsGaramer, tjscraps and elseepe like this.
  3. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

:giggle that is what I was thinking last year but I retired last March........:clap ........ IMAGE$F9056DA22A3DF67.gif .... but I do hear you! its a pain when RL gets in the way of scrapping!!!!

4. elseepe

I keep dreaming of retirement, but it is not to be just yet

5. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I know lol...darn work! im supposed to be working on tax stuff but I just want to scrap lol

elseepe likes this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I love your idea of taking a few half days!
    Dang work! It gets in the way of too many things. But it helps buy some pretties...

elseepe likes this.
  7. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

Oooh I wonder how many holidays I have left to take before April ... need to check ... maybe a good use of one or two this month.

elseepe likes this.
  8. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I'm a teacher so I still have this week of, but I will definitely struggle when I need to juggle both school and MOC. But then I know I was able to last year, so I should be able to now too.

elseepe likes this.
  9. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Lucky! We went back on Monday!!

And yeah, it definitely makes things more difficult. That, and DS's homework. I'm thinking it might be a great month for a sick day or two. I have 150 of them that I've built up over the years. I also might be secretly wishing for a snow day, even though I hate the snow :giggle. Retirement sounds wonderful. I have 2 1/2 years until I can retire from teaching :)

elseepe likes this.
  10. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I only had to work on Wednesday to do the Pays (my job is very boring, I'm a Payroll Clerk lol) and I am off until next week ... yay Summer holidays! I hope to keep up with MOC while I am off and then when I go back to my 3 days a week the week after next I will go into a scrapping frenzy on the weekends :giggle

A lotto win right now would be good!

elseepe likes this.
  11. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

Well I checked and I have 8 days holiday to take before beginning of April. A couple of Fridays in January sounds a good idea. Times like this I miss being a SAHM!

elseepe likes this.
  12. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

work is always getting in the way! booo! i have to leave in few to go. i'd rather stay home and scrap!

elseepe likes this.
  13. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

my company is closed on Monday the 16th for MLK Jr Day... do you get that at all??
    when I won guest polly during Dec '15, I had a lot of vacation time I had to use up - I took every monday and friday off in December. and then I also took off the whole week of Christmas/New year. I scrapped something like 45 pages that month. Amazing to be able to take time off to scrap.
    also... I put "Scrap day" as an incentive in my weightloss goals for the year, to be able to do this, too. :giggle

MrsGaramer likes this.
  14. elseepe

Boo, no. They changed up our holidays this year and we don't get a day off until May 29th!!!!

15. Pallavi01

Pallavi01 You have that sharp, useless look about you

You can still do it! I'm still working on my first LO!! I don't know where I'm getting the optimism from - but I know we can catch up !! Do it girl!!

elseepe likes this.
  16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I totally hear ya on the real life getting in the way. How annoying, right? :giggle

17. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I have been stuck in a rut of getting up super early, usually between 3:30 and 5. The alarm goes off at 6, so I'm definitely early. Our beloved little doggie child got me in the mode of early wake-up calls, but he passed away this June, and I'm stuck sitting alone in the dark without him. Usually it is just watching some scrapbooking videos on my tablet, checking e-mails, etc. But now, in January I have an excuse to go into my studio & make some art! So far, so good. Still working 40 hours per week, but I'm done with day 7, anxious for what is ahead. :-)

elseepe likes this.
  18. lynnw

lynnw Active Member

Also a teacher here, so also starting tomorrow (bleh), but I was ill the week before Christmas break so I'm super far behind on my correction work and have had to put in some night-time work this week to get it done (including tonight, which is my supersacred PL-night, arrrrgh). I'm already behind and hope to catch up over the next few weeks but not sure if I can...

I should just take the month off to scrap. Oh, if only I could...

berniek likes this.