dancingJaye's MOC5 Layouts

Discussion in 'Layouts' started by dancingJaye, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dancingJaye

dancingJaye Well-Known Member

This was hard....2016 was a year I'm not quite ready to analyze quite yet, so I hope this will work for the challenge. I do a lot of cooking/baking and love to try new recipes and we always take a vote to see what the "keepers" are. These are the "big 5" that made the list.

I used Bella Gypsy's Good Day kit, Fonts are Bacon Buffet Demo, Baskerville, and Arial Black.

2. dancingJaye

3. dancingJaye

Journaling:
    The morning begins at 6:00 a.m. when the alpha female gets up and dressed, turns up the heat and runs her hands over my light switches, and starts knocking on my doors and calling the rest of the humans to the living room. Some come quickly, some drag their feet, but they all come.. They usually claim “their” spots in my various corners and on couches and chairs. Some mornings there’s grumbling, many mornings, actually. There are sometimes deep and
    insightful comments and questions. as they all sit with books open, or apps open, and study the word of God, both because they’ve been commanded to, and becasue they believe the promise given them by L. Tom Perry
    “Never let a day go by without holding family prayer and family scripture study. Put this, the Lord’s program, to the test; and see if it does not bless your home with greater peace, hope, love, and faith.”

4. dancingJaye

5. dancingJaye

[​IMG]

I used a morguefile photo of a farmhouse that I found a while back and fell in love with, because I knew I wanted to make a layout about this someday. I followed the directions given for the photo to sketch and loved the way the farmhouse turned out, but there wasn't any of the mountains in the background showing and I really wanted those, because those are part of my "perfect world." So, I set that one aside and started again, boosting the contrast on the photo all the way up, and again, following the directions given to turn it into a sketch. This one had sky and horizon definition, but the farmhouse looked awful, so I layered the first one on top of the second one, and using a layer mask, removed pieces of the top photo where the sky and horizon were to get that definition. I flattened the image and layered it over one of the papers from Amber Labau's Jane kit, changed the blending mode to multiply and used a layer mask to remove all the hard edges. I used the Meadowbrook font for my journaling.

Thank you for this challenge...I LOVE the way my page turned out!!!

Journaling:
    We’ve dreamed of our own piece of land for a long time. Somewhere away from the crazy suburban existence and the neighbors within spitting distance. But close enough to civilization that we can get the necessities of life that we don’t endeavor to provide for ourselves. I’d love a little farmhouse...well, little I guess is relative, since we still have to put 8 people in it, and have room for extended family and grandchildren to gather in. An orchard, enough room to grow all the food our family needs, and pasture for a cow or two, pig, goats, chickens. Enough land to take care of ourselves on, with wide open sky and room for the kids to run and play and explore. Room to breath and develop and grow our family, and be self sufficient, and have the opportunity to be free. Give me land, lots of land with the starry sky above..don’t fence me in.

6. dancingJaye

[​IMG]

Credits: Amber Labau's Jane
    Fonts: desdain and American Typerwriter

7. dancingJaye

[​IMG]

Credits: Little Butterfly Wings/Dawn Inskip's Never Give Up collab
    Fonts: desdain and American Typewritter

8. dancingJaye

[​IMG]

Joyeaux Noel by Amber Labau and By Becca
    Fonts: desdain and American Typewriter

9. dancingJaye

[​IMG]

Collab After the Rain and collab "Never Give Up" by Little Butterfly Wings and Dawn Inskipand Ave Utan and 1942 Typerwriter fonts.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  10. dancingJaye

My layout:
    [​IMG]

and my inspiration, the cut outs and the elements underneath...
    [​IMG]

11. dancingJaye

[​IMG]
    Yay! I think I made it!
    I used alb-wickedsmart-paper-tan from Wicked Smart Lilypad collab and Never Give Up by Little Butterfly Wings and Dawn Inskip
    Font: 1942 Report

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.