Daily $1 Deals for MOC 2018 by Mommyish!

Discussion in 'Announcement Pad' started by mommyish, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Calgirl

Calgirl New Member

I use PSE and tried to use the remove fill shortcut (as shown in the video), but it did not work for me. i was able to reduce opacity but 10% was as "unfilled" as I could get and I couldn't really see the emboss anymore.
    I also have a question about the names you used for the LetterPress styles. What is the significance of the large, medium, small, Xlarge designation? It is a suggestion for what size object to use it on? Then there are the 4 emboss levels #1 - #4. Instead of cycling thru all the options (which is very cool to have so many), I'm trying to determine where I should start. Does that make sense?
    Thanks - I love all your styles and I also have a very large collection!

2. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Leave your opacity at 100%. Then for the fill shortcut in PSE hold the shift key and press a number. ETA: Make sure you have the move tool selected (press v) before trying the PSE fill shortcut or it won't work). Number 1 being 10%, 2 20%, and so on with 0 being 100%. Sometimes the fill effect is subtle so I have to cycle through them a bit to see what I like. You can always change it by holding shift and hitting another number. Maybe make sure you are reducing the fill before applying the letterpress style to make sure it’s working for you. Then, try out the different styles. Hope that helps some.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    mommyish likes this.
  3. mommyish

mommyish Style Addict

A-M likes this.
  4. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

This video today... More Foil was great... I think I will use this style often as I do like the effect on paper.

5. mommyish

mommyish Style Addict

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    Calgirl and A-M like this.
  6. scrumptious

scrumptious Well-Known Member

@mommyish Leah, you are the best! You make the most wonderful styles, I pretty much light up any time you introduce a new one. I am in style-buying heaven right now, plus with the videos (which I haven't had a chance to watch yet, but hopefully soon) I'm hoping I can move my style slider over further from the "hoarder" end towards the "actual user" end :D

P.S. I sent you an email on December 20th with a licensing question, if you haven't seen it would you be willing to see if it arrived? (It will be from Violet Irisovna.) I know this is a busy time of year and if your inbox is anything like mine it's easy to lose things in there! I don't mean to go off topic but I figured as long as we're here in the forum together I'd follow up this way.

7. shastahun

shastahun Active Member

I might just end up going on a style binge and buying a bunch of them! :dance

mommyish, Neverland Scraps and A-M like this.
  8. mommyish

mommyish Style Addict

9. mnjenlittle

mnjenlittle Dewey Decimal, I love you!

ooooh good one! @mommyish Did you know that your product preview is wood styles 209? :)

10. DraeScraps

DraeScraps Active Member

you and me both, friend! I think styles and brushes are my favorite supplies.

bestcee likes this.
  11. Calgirl

Calgirl New Member

Thank you for your help. I was able to reduce the Fill but I did not need to use the Shift key, just click a number. I guess you can not reduce the Fill to zero as you can with CC. And I did find that after reducing the Fill, I had to Simplify before I could see the Style applied.

12. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Yes you may need to simplify the layer before adding another style in PSE. I also forgot to clarify. There are two types of fill in photoshop and PSE. The Fill Opacity affects only the layers content. So if you are doing it on say a star shape it would only affect the star, but not the layer styles applied to it. The Opacity slider in the layers panel is different from the Fill Opacity. The opacity affects the entire layer, including any effects, such as drop shadow, inner glow, etc. The difference is when it comes to layer styles. PSE doesn't include a fill slider so you have to use the shift number shortcut. If you just use the number key it will just change the opacity of everything on the layer including the layer styles. If you want to change the fill opacity for just the layer contents and not the layer styles, you will want to use shift and the number so it changes the fill opacity. I also did a little google researching and found out if you hold shift and press two numbers quickly it will change to that fill opacity, so if you hold shift and press 5 6 quickly, it will give you 56% fill opacity. I further experimented and if you hold shift and press 0 0 quickly it will give you 0% fill opacity.

Thanks for asking as I learned something answering your question.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    janedee and bestcee like this.
  13. mommyish

mommyish Style Addict

14. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

OHHH, I've wanted something that made holes for me. Now I can use staples and such with wild abandon. Thank you!!

keepscrappin likes this.
  15. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

I should know this, but I just drag and drop the styles into my presets file and then load them. What am I supposed to be doing with the metadata? I have PSE 13. Anyone?

16. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Those pinhole styles are awesome. If you don't have them, snag them at this great price.

17. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I have these Pinhole styles and realised I have not used them yet... now after watching the video I will definitely use them.

Calgirl and keepscrappin like this.
  18. DraeScraps

DraeScraps Active Member

Electra, the metadata helps you identify what you're looking at in the photoshop tool itself, and makes sure the credit for the style goes with the designer. For example, you want to see "glittered wood", "halftone glitter" and "pinhole" all as different options, rather than having to scroll through them all, right?

I follow these steps (https://thedailydigi.com/2014/04/26/how-to-install-layer-styles/ although I learned them somewhere else.) Hope that helps

19. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

So happy that these are on sale today. I had no idea they existed. Happy as :-)

20. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

@DraeScraps thank you! I am going to check the link!:beat:heartlub