Daily $1 Deals for MOC 2018 by Mommyish!

Discussion in 'Announcement Pad' started by mommyish, Jan 1, 2018.

1. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Very cool Leah! Thank you!!

2. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

Thank you - for the style, the sale and the great video with the tips and tricks. I love your styles so much!

3. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I was going to tag her, I could imagine the sound of her squealing from here Bet she'll be super happy!
    Love this Leah!

cfile and bestcee like this.
  4. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

I haven't really used styles and am unsure which, if any, I might use. What are your five most used styles? I was thinking I'd like a glitter one, a metal one or two and a shadowing one. Not sure I know enough about them to make wise choices.

Advise anyone????

Juliestcyr and mommyish like this.
  5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Shadowing is my most used of course. I use them on every layout.
    Second most used? Glitter. It's not messy, and so fun to use!
    Third: Thicker Sticker Style - I love to use that one on Titles!

Basically, I like anything that gives titles or little flairs an omp! I need to master how to combine different ones, but as far as the ones I don't adjust? Glitter, Thicker Sticker. And I love picking up the BYOC style set because it matches the colors.

6. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Oh what wonderful enabling, I can't resist either.
    Thanks Mommyish!

7. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I knew it...we're two great minds. I use those three the most also! though I have lots more.

bestcee likes this.
  8. mommyish

mommyish Style Addict

Day #2 is up! (Updated top post) <3

Neverland Scraps and Mylinn like this.
  9. mommyish

mommyish Style Addict

The most used styles - Great question. I am actually going to have a bundle of "Let's Get Stylin'" Layer Styles with our birthday celebration :) So you guys saying what you use the most is super helpful as I create the bundle. :) That being said - my best selling styles are these:

Plastic Pocket Styles - Add a realistic plastic overlay (great with pocket pages or creating little plastic type elements)
    Weathered Wood - I *love* this one. It takes your element and makes it look like a wooden element that has a patina!
    Glitter & Glitter Sprinkles - Not only do you get a very popular glitter effect, there are also "glitter sprinkles" that create such a pretty effect on pretty much anything - but especially flowers!
    Thickers - These are a work-horse set of styles - you can apply them to pretty much anything - but they work especially well on titles & word art.
    Metallic Paint - :D These just make me happy. The style makes things look like they have a metallic painted sheen. They work especially well with paint spray type elements & also titles. (especially brushed font type titles)

lmccandless, Mylinn and jenn mccabe like this.
  10. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

@flowersgal I am a styles addict. Beyond shadow styles (which are a must have, IMHO). Here are some other styles I use A LOT. For today's MOC, I used a multi-layered font I had, plus Styiln' 234 (Wood and wood burn) to make a custom alpha.
    [​IMG]

(1) Stylin' 207 (Stamps) - will make your layer black, and distressed, I use it on nearly all writing (my regular journaling font is typewriter style). If I want the layer to be a different colour, I simplify (I'm in PSE 15), and then clip whatever colour I want on top of that layer to change the colour.
    (2) Stylin' 230 (Metallic Paint) - I use this on a lot of background paint that comes in templates. It gives some added interest and can make your paint more or less subtly depending on how you use it. BONUS! When applied to a medium-dark grey colour, it can make a good looking graphite pencil stroke to make doodles or handwritten fonts look realistic.
    (3) Glitters All the glitters. I have so many glitter styles, but they all serve different purposes. Some just apply a little glitter, some are like, full on glitter. Different textures work on different elements. Most of the Mommyish style packs come with a few texture choices.
    (4) Paper textures - Some designers make papers & tags with lots of texture. Some less. It's all good, but sometimes, when combining kits and styles, I will up the texture on smoother papers & tags to help everything match. Similarly, Stylin' 195 (Vintage Effect) can add a teeny bit of grunge to cleaner elements and styles to help them blend with another kit.
    (5) Stylin' 181 - Vellum Stickers. I find that I often want to turn things into vellum stickers. Maybe it's just me. But I like the added texture. I find sometimes it can help a bit of word art to stand out a bit more too.

lorieh, mommyish and BevG like this.
  11. flowersgal

@mommyish, @bestcee, @cookingmylife, @Juliestcyr - thank you ladies for the input. I'm planning to give some of these a try. Hopefully they will be among the $1 specials this month (are you listening, @mommyish ?) Or should I wait for the bundle and when is the birthday celebration?? Anyone know?

The bundle will include new updated versions of some of these styles (like the thicker styles) I will do my best to get these best sellers on the list. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2018
    bestcee and Juliestcyr like this.
  12. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I like that folded style.... thankyou :shopping

13. Sweeet

Sweeet Active Member

Thank you Leah!

14. mommyish

mommyish Style Addict

Sweeet and imperio like this.
  15. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Is this where the daily dollar will be? I was waiting for a newsletter yesterday & never got one. So, I missed yesterday :(

16. stamdl99

stamdl99 Active Member

I'm a newbie so am excited to learn all about styles this month! I'm wondering if the instruction videos from Day 1 & 2 can be found somewhere else? I subscribe to your YouTube channel and quickly searched there but didn't see them. Thanks so much for making these deals available and thanks in advance for help locating them.

17. LBscraps

LBscraps Well-Known Member

I'm grabbing up every single style!!!!!

18. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I was able to purchase yesterday's style, but I wasn't able to watch the tutorial and can't seem to find it on YouTube?

19. forrest1865

forrest1865 Member

I own 64 Mommyish styles!!!

bestcee likes this.
  20. flowersgal

@mommyish - I would love to know where to find these videos after the daily deal is gone since I've not used styles and don't always remember what is taught.

Mylinn likes this.