CT Question...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Beckie, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Beckie

Beckie Active Member

Hey ladies! as I mentioned before, I've been out of the scrapping world for many years and I'm super happy to be back in it now that my life has settled back down.

Can someone update me on how CTs are working these days? Do Designers till have "calls" for CTs when they have spots to fill? how about TLP CT spots?

thanks!! Just trying to learn the ropes again!

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  2. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Most designers still have calls, occasionally they might invite an individual outside of that. The best way to find out is to subscribe to newsletters and Facebook feeds etc.
    If there is a designer you are very keen on, and have a lot of layouts made with that designer's kits in your gallery, you might want to email the designer to express an interest.

TLP normally fill their CT spots at the end of the Month of Challenges event in January. To be considered you have to complete all the challenges.

bestcee, Beckie and cfile like this.
  3. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

I have been on a few CT teams and they all work differently. A few I have applied to, but the rest I have been invited to be a part of. I am just active doing what I love, subscribe to the newsletters of those designers I am smitten with know that it will all be as it should.

Angela Toucan and Beckie like this.
  4. Beckie

Beckie Active Member

good tips! the social media thing is new, lol. Back "then" designers only had newsletters :giggle

LoveItScrapIt and Angela Toucan like this.
  5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I am only a CT for the Lily Pad now and for the rest of my scrap life! lol
    but...............
    in the past have been on so many teams, they are all a bit different
    if there is a designer you would love to create full time for, I am a big believer in asking them! lol
    I used to run a facebook group, I think @MrsPeel is the admin for it now. it was called? I think CT calls?
    it was a busy group for a while.

dagi, LoveItScrapIt, cfile and 2 others like this.
  6. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

Yes I've been added to CTs after replying to a call, but also after I took the initiative to contact the designer. I have to be honest and say the latter I only dared to do with "new" or "small" designers, never any from here! lol
    If you like our designers at TLP, most of the times there will be an post in the Announcement Pad in the forum too!

LoveItScrapIt and Beckie like this.
  7. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Beckie likes this.
  8. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I had a CT call last August, and it was my first one since I started designing in 2010. It was a lot of work, and I don't think I'll have one again for at least another 6 months.

I will randomly invite people to my team if I have someone take a leave of absence or leave the team completely. I usually watch for scrappers that are active at TLP and are positive, scrappers that create regularly, and scrappers that use my templates (last but not least LOL). I also have a list of scrappers from my CT call that I refer back to as well when I'm looking for guests. :)

9. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Maybe 5 years ago or so, I took a chance and emailed my favorite template designer and told her I loved her designs and asked if she had any openings on her team. She offered me a 2 month guest spot then asked me to stay. Best move I’ve ever made!

Beckie and Karen like this.
  10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yep, what everyone has said above it good advice. I do see CT calls here occassionally, but I wouldn't say they happen very often. I would that if you have one designer that you love, it would be worth asking if they need help or even would allow you to guest for them. The worst they can say is no. :)

Beckie and cfile like this.
  11. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

HI Beckie, I'm admin for the group @AnneofAlamo started in Facebook indeed, you can go here:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Calls4CT/

and ask to join, it will ask you a few questions, or you can alternatively friend me and I ll accept you
    https://www.facebook.com/MissElphaba

Also designers post CT calls here in the announcements part of the Forum, and you can follow their blogs... the more you participate here, gallery and forums and activities, the more designers get to know you and some of them actually call people without having calls... as I mentioned in the other thread, this place is the most amazing, so you are in the right place, just make your self home and things start happening :)

Beckie likes this.
  12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Great advice from everyone!! I think just being out there is the one of the biggest things you can do. I've applied to calls and just been asked out of nowhere because someone has seen my work. It seems like calls don't happen quite as much as they used to, at least not that I've seen. I know it's a lot of work for the designer. But yeah, if there is someone you LOVE, totally put yourself out there and ask if they are looking for anyone. Even if they are not at that time, at least they know your name and interest when they are.

Beckie likes this.