CT question- downloading older kits

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Nixenkind, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Nixenkind

Nixenkind Dreaming of boiling in Brisbane.

I hope I'm not totally out of line, but I need to ask this question, and this is the forum I feel most at home, so I'll ask here...
    I'm a total CT rookie, and just joined my second team. I'm still delirious with happiness, to be honest- totally on cloud 9 (I still can't believe I made it, honestly, I can't).
    My problem is that I have some older kits from "my" designer still on my wishlist, and I don't know what to do with them. The designer works with a coupon system, so we don't have to ask for kits, but just download what we want to work with from the shop.
    Of course, I worked with all the upcoming releases that are available and fulfilled all the requirements first. In her rules the designer said that she doesn't mind us downloading older stuff, as long as we don't just download all the things and never use them, but take only what we really want for an actual layout, and OF COURSE I would be doing that- but I'm still squeamish. I don't want to look as if I'm taking advantage in any way, so I don't dare to check out older stuff, and I don't dare to ask either (yeah- that's me alright :blush). It came to the point where I was actually considering buying these old kits (which my husband forbid me, since I burst my budget every month anyway and am on that CT, you know :whistle) rather than just downloading them with my coupon. I somehow feel mean and greedy when I just take this stuff for free.
    So, please- how do you do it? Do you take older stuff from the designers you CT for, or do you think it's dishonorable? I hope the question isn't gross, but I'm just insecure... I'm so new to this, and I don't want to mess up. Thank you for your help!

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I absolutely use older stuff on CTs. I think that Designers would love to see you using any older product and posting it in the forums. You could possibly remind someone else that those products are available and get them more sales that way. They made their products to be used and if it's in the rules that it's okay, I'd go for it.

3. Nixenkind

Nixenkind Dreaming of boiling in Brisbane.

Thank you so much, I already feel lots better... it's pretty much like a whole new scrapworld for me, and I'm still finding my way... sometimes I feel like a messy mix of over-eagerness and insecurity ;). THANK YOU!!!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  4. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

If you are going to use it download it. No worries

5. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I'm always grabbing older stuff that catches my eye (as long as the new stuff has already been scrapped with). It's still in her store, and you never know if your page will prompt someone else to purchase the kit!

6. Peppermint

Peppermint One Little Bird

Grab it! I love when CTMs breathe new life into old products. :)

7. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

you make me wanna practice some CPR on all your products...tee hee...

8. Peppermint

Have at it, lady! There are items that are DYING. ;)

9. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

It's not mean and greedy if you are her CTM and she has given you permission and access to her store. Fortunate, but not mean or greedy.

You are providing a service to her which you are 'paid for' in scrapbook supplies.

10. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

I think most designers are cool with this as long as you use what you take. I say have fun scrapping!!! :)

11. Lynne-Marie

Lynne-Marie there is beauty in everything

YES! Older products are in dire need or resuscitation! One thing that will always score your brownie points on a CT is if you enable products (new or older ones) on various forums and FB groups! Designers love that! ;)

12. shayenne

shayenne Pass the bonbons!

i often use old stuff ...and this helps the designer ...at least you should ask the designer herself .....then you know it the best :-)

13. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

I often use old stuff because they are just what I need for a layout.

14. theAndrea

theAndrea Google master

ROFL, me too... I love your stuff... I remember you from the O!!!

15. theAndrea

theAndrea Google master

yep, way back when I was CT... hehe... I loved using older stuffs and the designers were happy to see it out there. Geez, I still have older stuff I like to throw in now and then.

so ya, use them... but if you are really worried, ask *your* (hehe) designer :)

16. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

exactly!

17. Heather Prins

Heather Prins Heather Prins

that's impossible! i love your stuff! I think I have all of your kits!!

18. chigirl

chigirl Candy Corn junkie

agree with everyone, I use older stuffs all the time and since I'm pretty new to TLP, it's not older for me. As long as I give credits, post in several galleries, I think I'm doing ok. Also, I like to use some older products for the challenges, I think it "revives" them a bit bringing them to the attention of others that are doing the challenges.
    Good luck and congrats on your CT position.

19. Peppermint

I think you do, too! You're in my Gratitude Journal! LOL

20. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

You're not the only one who feels that way, I rarely use older stuff because of that even if I want to! Great thread and good stuff to know!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014