Crop Tool question

Discussion in 'Learning Pad' started by juljul13, Jan 7, 2019.

1. juljul13

juljul13 Member

Hey Ladies,
    I have Photoshop Elements 12 and I can't figure out how to change my curser to show the dimensions when cropping anything.

I've seen others have a Ht and Width while they are cropping, some also have an X to show the crop.

My brother (who has Photoshop) said to change preferences/tools/show transform value to never. However, I do not see those options in PSE 12 preferences.

I know it's a little thing but I think it would help me to gauge a size of an element.
    thanks
    Julie

2. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I have PSE15 and under preferences I do not have what your brother suggested.
    Here is a screen shot showing the crop tool active. Does your PSE12 look like this because down the bottom there is a drop down box saying "no restrictions" and if I click on the arrow it gives choices of sizes and if I choose one of those is then displays figures in the W & H boxes which can then be altered.

upload_2019-1-8_9-54-17.png

3. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I just reread your question. Are you wanting to just judge the size of an element or are you cropping something?
    Do you have the rulers showing on your canvases ( blank pages) ?

4. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@juljul13 Are you using the marquee tool, the move tool, or the actual crop tool? Maybe you need to reset all your tools?

bestcee likes this.