Credit tracking, tools, posting, etiquette

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by sbpoet, Jun 17, 2016.

1. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

@Ga_L

Ga_L likes this.
  2. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

So its OK to just list what kit you used, and its designer, even if all you used from the kit is one staple, correct? This is what I've been doing.

bestcee likes this.
  3. suruha

suruha Member

Are you able to use the "Place" feature - under "File", @Tree City ? The file retains it's name in the layer's palette this way, too.

cfile likes this.
  4. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I just tried this and I can do it but it takes time. And I'm lazy. :giggle Maybe I'll do it for the first element/paper I take from a kit/pack so that I have a record of it, but I just love being able to drag and drop an element onto my canvas. Thanks for the tip!

5. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

i tried afd with no sucess

6. suruha

suruha Member

I just want to clarify, too, that by dragging, I mean to click and hold on an item in my files, then, drag it on to the workspace or document. To view the titles, you must start with a document open already. If you only drag an item to the workspace, it just opens and you see the usual locked 'Background' layer. It is when the document is already open and you drag on to the document itself, that the titles are visible. This is so in "Place" as well. I believe it is grayed out if you don't have a doc open. Yep, I looked. LOL

Here's a screenshot of my layers panel with a work open that I did for a Sissy Sparrows' challenge:

[​IMG]

Someone mentioned ACDC. There is a preset viewer by the Tumas, Betsy and John, that works really good for Windows. It does cost, but, it is very minimal. With it, I can see not just the images, but, the brushes, styles, patterns, etc. I can see my .PSD and .TIF file images, as well. They all show up in the preview pane of Explorer, Windows' file system. With brushes, styles, patterns, fonts, etc, a grid will show with each individual brush or style or whatever it is you are viewing. The software is called Argus.
    The Tumas have their own shop called TumaSoft at the same name, dot com.

Here is a screenshot of that in use. The file that you see in the preview pane is a brush file:

[​IMG]

And, no, I am not working for the Tumas. LOL They are just real nice folks. John is very knowledgeable and Betsy does some scrapbooking design herself.

Maybe something here helps someone.

Thank you!

Su

7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yes. I checked a few of your layouts for you, and the ones I saw the credits are just fine.

meterr likes this.