Couldn't find secure TLP forum address

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by grrfluudy, Dec 13, 2017.

1. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

When I just tried to log in to the forum I got an alert from Mozilla Firefox that this site isn't secure and to log in at my own risk. It had a lock with a red circle with a line through it. This has never happened before on this site. I usually can make sure a site is secure by typing https:
    in front of the address, and the lock was green for a second. But it quickly turned back to red before I could log in. Obviously, I logged in so I could access the site. Firefox updated yesterday. Is it just too sensitive and throwing up warnings? Or is there some security problem on the forums I should be aware of. The store is fine. Is anyone else having this problem?
    12/13/2017
    4pm

2. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I'm terrible and ignore that message...I have the same red slash through the lock on my end.

grrfluudy likes this.
  3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Hmmm... I'm not sure, but maybe Laura can help or give you suggestions? @lmccandless

grrfluudy likes this.
  4. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

I did the same thing, because I've never had a problem here. On other sites I don't, though.

5. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

It's an update to Firefox. They are increasing their warnings. Here's the thing though - the forum itself doesn't transmit sensitive data therefore doesn't really need to be secure. However, in early 2018, I am still planning to switch everything over to secure to be more in line with the decisions the browser companies have made.

grrfluudy, bestcee and Kat like this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I just assumed it was that. Because except for my bank, it's throwing up the warning on EVERYTHING! Even youtube. Ugh.

grrfluudy likes this.