Costumes | Pad Patter 10.28

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Oct 28, 2018.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

The big day is almost here! How many of you are in costume prep this weekend, either for kids or for yourself?

We are in full costume prep this weekend. DS is not trick or treating this year, but he is dressing up for school and to walk around the neighborhood with the little ones. He is going as the rapper Lil Peep :/ We dyed his hair yesterday and Tuesday night we are putting temporary tattoos on his face lol. Some friends and I are also dressing up for school Wednesday, so I'm putting that together as well. This year we are doing stick people, like this

[​IMG]

My daughter is in the process of making a chicken costume for my grandson that is so cute! I'm not sure what the granddaughters are this year.

One of my favorite costumes of all time for one of my kids was when my daughter was a bubble bath:
    asdfd.jpg
    This was the end of the night so, one of the "feet" of the tub had fallen off by the time I got a photo. She also carried a bath brush.

And my favorite group costume that we did at work:
    adf.jpg

So, are you ready? Prepping? Have a favorite costume to share?

jesskab likes this.
  2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Jan, all your family's (and coworkers') costumes crack me up! I love the stick people idea...now I want to do that with the glow-in-the-dark Duck tape*.
    This is a turtle costume first worn by DD. DS wore it just for pictures on his first Halloween. (I worried it was too hot for him to wear on Halloween night, so he wore a robot costume with his legs uncovered. #Houstonweather)
    [​IMG]

*Yes: I mean "Duck" brand tape, not actual tape used for ducts. ;)

carrie1977 and IntenseMagic like this.
  3. IntenseMagic

I have seen it done with glow sticks and it looks so fun at night. There were a couple of kids in our neighborhood that did it last year.

Tree City likes this.
  4. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Not being crafty or really into halloween myself I've left my kids' costumes largely up to them. My husband is much more crafty and interested in costumes though and he has made some awesome costumes in the past such as my daughter's Castiel (from Supernatural) and barbarian costumes. This year we just bought clothing and props for their costumes. Rhiannon will be Aphrodite and Caroline and Ian two characters from Gravity Falls whose names I still forget.

Here are Rhiannon's Castiel and barbarian costumes from 2014 and 2015.

WEB 2014 10 31 hallooooween 065.jpg
    WEB 2015-10-31-trick-treat-036.jpg

IntenseMagic likes this.
  5. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

My kids are going as a Unicorn & a Dragon- the dog is going to be sasquatch. I dress up for their school parties- I'm probably doing a unicorn too. I try to do easy, homemade costumes for myself. Last year was my favorite- I was a scarecrow! The straw that I had tucked in everywhere got SO itchy- so by trick-or-treating time, I had taken most of it out! lol

Attached Files:

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

What great pictures, Jan! I love that bubble bath. It reminds me of Asher's blizzard costume for the Alphabet Parade at school last week.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

those are such cute costumes Jan - You will definitely have to share you & your co-workers with the Stick People costumes - love that idea. the bubble bath is cute too.

[​IMG]

IntenseMagic likes this.
  8. Cherylndesigns

Asher is going to be The Raven from Fortnite. We took him to an outside mall yesterday evening for a Halloween parade where the kids go store-to-store and get candy. We didn't know what to let him wear, because his dad had his Raven costume, so he went as Batman.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  9. Cherylndesigns

10. IntenseMagic

Those are so awesome!!

I love that the dog is dressing up, too!! I tried to dress up my dog one year and it didn't go so well lol

Oooh Fortnite characters! I bet we see lots of those this year!

Cherylndesigns and michelepixels like this.
  11. Cherylndesigns

For sure!!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  12. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Not even close with Bianca's costume! I am nervous!

13. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Colin is recycling his old sumo wrestler costume... which reminds me, I have to find it!
    Shayne isn't really doing anything... football player - jersey/football.

I totally showed him some stick figures I saw a month ago, he booed it! I loved it!

14. Heidi Nicole

Heidi Nicole Well-Known Member

My Radiation Therapy department dresses up every year... this year we are going to be Trolls. Khacki scrubs and fun troll hair headbands. I'll share a pic after Wednesday!

My kids are too old for all this nonsense according to them (15 and 17)... party poopers! lol

15. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Awwww...this was my son's first costume also. He was just a month old. He hated it! I had to keep the little hood off. I'll have to dig up a photo off of the CD.

Tree City likes this.
  16. carrie1977

My son still hasn't decided on anything. Procrastinate much? :banghead

17. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

This has been a crazy, hectic fall and we are behind on absolutely everything.

My fourth grader and I had a couple of hours to ourselves last Thursday, and we went to the Halloween store and bought a Minecraft Creeper costume. Not his first choice, but the best out of what was available. (He wanted to make his costume this year, but we haven't been home long enough to even attempt it.)

My seventh grader had an idea back in September, but we never had time to sit and figure out how to do it, so now she is between her Sailor Mars costume from two years ago, and an angel costume based around an old white bridesmaid dress that I have. We just have to find time to run back to the Halloween store and see if she likes any of the wings. She already had angel wings for the puppy, and is still arguing with me about whether or not he can participate in Trick-or-treating. (He is a seven month old sheltie and I think he will get too excited to participate this year.)

My tenth grader has marching band practice (state finals are on Saturday) and the parents will be doing a sort of trick-or-treating at the high school. I don't think he's going to dress up though, unless he decides to go with his usual "Modern Sullen Teenager" costume. However, it's holiday, so he might go as "Spookily Upbeat Teenager" instead.

I usually wear a bright yellow sweatshirt, black t-shirt, red scarf, white gloves, and Minnie Mouse ears. No makeup. My daughter is trying to get me to add more red to it, but I think the ears and scarf are enough. We don't do costumes at work (I work with a bunch of super serious engineers -- I guess I'm one too! -- and I wear the ears with black pants, black sweater, and either a red or yellow scarf. (And I'm always the only one! Which is why I like the headband ears so much.)

My husband (yet another serious engineer, but works somewhere else) does not dress up at all. But he likes to decorate the outside of our house for trick or treaters. It has been very light the last couple of years, because of the robotics teams he coaches 4-7 days a week, but he always puts out *something* on October 31. He and the kids did their pumpkins last night, when I thought we were going to skip it this year because it is so late now. :)

18. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

Costumes was SO easy this year! My daughter picked a character a month ago, found the costume on Amazon and done! It's an easy slip on zip up costume with hood. She is Jibanyan from YoKai Watch (Japanese video game/cartoon series)

My son barely decided on his last week and found something for him at Goodwill off the bat. He is done as well. He will be a retro/vintage basketball player (1970s/80s NBA player).

My DH and I rarely dress up. My brother loves Halloween so he picked a creepy character again this year. He is Jeff the Killer from CreepyPasta. Last 2 years, he was the Nun and Crooked Man from Conjuring movies. Three years ago, he was The Jackal from 13 Ghosts movie. If you haven't figured it out, he is a horror movie fan :)

Easiest Halloween ever! :)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  19. carrie1977

I found it!
    [​IMG]

IntenseMagic and Tree City like this.
  20. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

OMG, when you said “this was my DS’s first costume,” I didn’t realize you meant THE SAME EXAXT COSTUME lol! How cute is that? And he looks just about as “happy” as my DD was in it. :giggle DS handled it a little bit better than she did.